android
Old 12-10-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Scratches

Hi there,
i own my 8gb black t10 for 6 days and i'm very happy with it. it looks great, sounds good...everything is nice (ok there should be some games, alarm function and... well some litte gadgets(if this is the right word) on it but that's ok).
there is just one big problem: i have a nice amount of scratches on it, eventhough i was "polite to it". i just had it in my pocket of my jacket oder in my pianist hands, so that shouldn damage it o.O

do you have scratches on it, too? i think i have to contact samsung or the store where i've bouht my t10, to my opinion, that's not normal at all. it annoys and disappoints my a bit, too...

Schöne Grüße aus Deutschland, GermanFreak

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-10-2007, 12:38 PM

There is a thin plastic protection on the player, if you didn't remove it don't worry.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:39 PM

i did remove it

Old 12-11-2007, 07:11 PM

I love the look of the black YP-T10, but if I decide to buy one, I'd probably go for a white one due to that very issue, i.e. visibility of fingerprints and scratches.

The lime yellow color is a bit loud for my taste, and I'd imagine that fingerprints would still be rather visible on a red YP-T10, so that leaves the relatively dull white one... but I'd imagine that it would be the most practical choice in the long run.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHQ View Post
I love the look of the black YP-T10, but if I decide to buy one, I'd probably go for a white one due to that very issue, i.e. visibility of fingerprints and scratches.

The lime yellow color is a bit loud for my taste, and I'd imagine that fingerprints would still be rather visible on a red YP-T10, so that leaves the relatively dull white one... but I'd imagine that it would be the most practical choice in the long run.

I haven't gotten any scratches on mine yet (got it about a week ago), but the fingerprints do get annoying. However I just bought the T10 carrying case today, so that should help with both issues.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:54 PM

I, too, have been very gently with my player and still have scuffs and scratches like crazy after only a couple weeks with it. Pretty annoying really, especially since I am still waiting on my skin for it!

Old 01-15-2008, 08:05 PM

Are the scratches on the front or back? The front has a thin protector and the back looks pretty scratch resistant.

Personally, haven't gotten any scratches on mine yet and I'm not using a case either(though I' trying to get one soon). My best guess is to try and avoid putting it in a pocket where there are metallic or sharp objects such as keys or pins on your jeans.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:27 PM

Huh, had mine for 2 months now, no scratches on it at all. back of case is pristine and the screen protector looks brand new if i wipe it down. I've been fairly gentle with it (no drops or hard knocks) but i dont baby it either. i've even absently scratched at the back of it with a fingernail, and nothing showed up. You can buy some static cling ones for ipod touches/iphones and trim those if your film is damaged. Its worth it to spend 5 bucks for a few films and go through them every few months than to scratch the heck out of the front face and have to drop 150-200 bucks on a new one when you cant see the screen anymore. Or just buy a 30 dollar case.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:47 AM

I guess I'm pretty fortunate since I've had my T10 for a few months now, and it looks perfect - Zero Scratches
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dav's Samsung T10 001.jpg (40.0 KB, 42 views)

Old 01-21-2008, 12:52 PM

I've had my T10 for a month in a DLO action jacket (case). For some reason it got more scratched up IN the case.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:28 PM

I've got one minor scratch, which looks like it is under the protector, so It must've happened in the factory or something...

Old 01-21-2008, 03:40 PM

i took off the screen protecter when i first got it. not very smart of me.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:39 PM

Well I got a generic case to put the T10 while in my pocket, think those are probably the largest causes of scratches. Pockets can contain keys and other stuff and in the case of jeans, sometimes carry metallic pins which can be damaging to the screen.

I've been using my T10 in the generic case for about 2 weeks now and it looks as good as new so I'm pretty sure the problem is in the pocket rather than the handling of the T10 itself.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:24 PM

Default try the gel offered to repair CDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanFreak View Post
Hi there,
i own my 8gb black t10 for 6 days and i'm very happy with it. it looks great, sounds good...everything is nice (ok there should be some games, alarm function and... well some litte gadgets(if this is the right word) on it but that's ok).
there is just one big problem: i have a nice amount of scratches on it, eventhough i was "polite to it". i just had it in my pocket of my jacket oder in my pianist hands, so that shouldn damage it o.O

do you have scratches on it, too? i think i have to contact samsung or the store where i've bouht my t10, to my opinion, that's not normal at all. it annoys and disappoints my a bit, too...

Schöne Grüße aus Deutschland, GermanFreak
Hallo ! I have the same model and really like it.Unfortunately, the front panel seems to be somewhat sensitive to scratches.I was able to remove them using the kind of gel that computer stores offer for repairing CDs. Its pretty expensive but helped a lot.

Regards, Wolf

Old 01-25-2008, 04:16 PM

Default adhesive book foil (selbstklebende Buchfolie)

Hallo zusammen,
me too, i have two pianist hands (and looking forward to some Rzewski and Kapustin on my T10 other than Hamelin)..

What do i do when i buy an expensive, thick Wiley (or McGraw-Hill) US-text in order to protect it against soda, Frito Lays, dirt and scratches?

I buy half a meter of adhesive foil (transparente Buchklebefolie, selbstklebende Buchfolie, see your Schreibwarenfachgeschäft; different foil/film thicknesses exist!) and wrap (=laminate) the hardcover with it. Sweet protection.

here my own scan of a bookfoil product (see centre of the image):

I havent removed the T10 factory's transparent protective adhesive film/sticker yet, and i'll try to keep it on as long as possible, even when using a protective leather case (Lederetui) for the gadget. Once the film is worn off, i'll laminate the whole T10 front with that adhesive book foil. (ATTENTION: removing the adhesive book foil from the T10 could leave glue residues (Klebereste)...although on books, such Buchklebefolie do NOT leave behind any Klebereste!)

That's way cheaper than ordering a pre-cut commercial adhesive T10 film, such as I-Nique's Transparent T10 Topcoat:

At least that's my plan..

Last edited by placebo; 06-20-2008 at 05:08 AM.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Banned

guy s chiill its just an mp3

Old 02-05-2008, 08:27 PM

Nothing wrong with trying to protect an investment.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:46 AM

Just watch out a bit with that foil you're gonna put over it now. It's very hard to remove again, it was a huge pain to get it off mmy zen again.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle View Post
I haven't gotten any scratches on mine yet (got it about a week ago), but the fingerprints do get annoying. However I just bought the T10 carrying case today, so that should help with both issues.
Which case did you buy? I was going to get a DLO action jacket, but I didnt like the open part for the controls, didnt look like it would line up very well.
-Scott

Old 02-06-2008, 01:03 PM

I have a DLO case for a P2 (yes I know this is for the T10 forum) and it seems to have put a few scuffs onto the player, likely from either the stitching for the plastic window, or the edges of the plastic window. Either case, the screen protector and then the case solves that problem.

InvisiSHIELD is a good product that I am planning on getting, I just dont agree with a 14 dollar shipping charge on a 12 dollar product that could be put in a simple envelop and mailed for less than a dollar.