android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2007, 10:23 PM

Unhappy All my ID3/MP3 Tags are gone !! :(

I am sorry about the odd title, but it is how I feel right now. Ever since I upgraded to the new firmware, I have been having problems with my MP3 tags failing to load on my View. I am using Ubuntu (Linux) and EasyTag to edit all my tags.

I have been having problems where any new mp3s I add to the player are missing all tags. I thought it was because they were ripped under Linux (my other MP3s were ripped on my old Windows PC), so I formatted the player (3 times!), performed the firmware upgrade again (thought it might be an incomplete upgrade because my player never restarted on its own when I copied the files over under UMS mode), and then transfered all my songs back to the player. Now NONE of them have any tags!! :'(

I am ripped at the moment and ready to force Best Buy to let me return and exchange my player. Sadly, the best I can really hope for is getting a replacement (bought over a month ago, but have a 2 year warranty). If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it. I plan on exchanging it weds night if I can't find a way to fix this problem, but I am worried that they will either not have any more views to exchange for me, OR, worse, they do, but I run into the same problem again.

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can help me out.

PS Sorry for the crazy title; I was trying to change it and I accidentally hit <ENTER> and posted it. : sighs: Jut not my night.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]