android
Old 12-15-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Case Options for NWZ-S610F

So I'm thinking of buying a case for my new NWZ-S610F. SonyStyle.com has a clear polycarbonate case (CKH-NWS610) for $27.99 and a silicone rubber case (CKM-NWS610BLK) for the same price.

IMO both are overpriced, especially the silicone rubber case, but at this point I'm leaning toward the CKH-NWS610 polycarbonate case. Does anyone have one of these? If so, are you able to access the volume buttons and the hold switch with ease, or do you have to use your pinky's fingernail in order to push/slide them?

Are there any third-party cases out there yet for the S610?

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-15-2007, 02:20 AM

Hi there, so far I haven't seen any 3rd party cases, but you could always check ebay.

When I bought my silicone case from sony for my 818 I was surprised to find 2 cases actually inside rather than 1, one being clear/whitish, the other black. Unfortunately I don't think this is the same for the 600 series. I personally prefer the silicone case to the plastic one, less bulk and fits snugly around the player.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:49 AM

Thanks, I hadn't checked out eBay as of yet - good suggestion.

After I posted my original inquiry, I found that Noreve makes cases for the S610 and A810. Here are the links:

S610: http://www.noreveusa.com/category/MP...ther_case.html
A810: http://www.noreveusa.com/category/MP...ther_case.html

Being padded leather, these cases would be the bulkiest and the priciest of the bunch, but they sure seem nice!

Old 12-23-2007, 01:26 AM

FYI I received the polycarbonate case today... it's great! The openings for the volume buttons and hold switch are generously sized, so it's still easy to access them.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:20 PM

Thanks for the links AHQ. I am also looking for a docking station. $50 seems like a lot.

Sony NWZ-A728B, Sony NWZ-A816, iPod Shuffle 1GB

Old 01-17-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
Hi there, so far I haven't seen any 3rd party cases, but you could always check ebay.

When I bought my silicone case from sony for my 818 I was surprised to find 2 cases actually inside rather than 1, one being clear/whitish, the other black. Unfortunately I don't think this is the same for the 600 series. I personally prefer the silicone case to the plastic one, less bulk and fits snugly around the player.

I was looking at them at the Sony Store online and was thinking about getting the plastic one. You say the silicone is better?

Old 02-01-2008, 10:22 PM

I went to the Sony store and ended up getting the hard plastic case. I like it a lot. I also picked up a holder for my Sony mp3 player to use in the car. It monuts on the dash and holds the player.

Yes I have the mini aux jack in my car. The Car Sales Man called it an "iPod connection". I told him it is for any aux sound source. Don't call it an iPod connection.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:39 PM

Default Hard case not all that great

I've had a hard case for a few months now and though I thought it was great when I first got it, a few drops (not on hard surfaces) were apparently too much for it - it now pops open at pretty minor impact. Big pain.

Lack of third party accessories a big gripe, since the player is way nice and you like to protect your way nice things.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondertwinzz View Post
I've had a hard case for a few months now and though I thought it was great when I first got it, a few drops (not on hard surfaces) were apparently too much for it - it now pops open at pretty minor impact. Big pain.

Lack of third party accessories a big gripe, since the player is way nice and you like to protect your way nice things.
Sounds like the silicone case is for you. But it does not protect the screen. That is why I went with the hard plastic one. I just don't drop it.