android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Won't Boot- Hardware Problem?

Four days ago, when i turned on my zen (30 gig ), it wouldn't go past the boot screen, all i got was a blank screen, and nothing happened. However, about ten minutes later, it seemed to have started up just fine. However, yesterday, the same thing happened again, only it didn't fix itself. I tried reading other posts on this forum for help, but none of them seemed to exactly fit my circumstances.
most of them seemed to say that a bad hard drive was the problem, but i'm not sure if thats happening here. I can hear the HD spinning up when i turn it on (though it stops when it gets to the blank screen). Also, I read that if the hard drive is bad, doing the disk cleanup or formatting might take a while or not work. When i did them, however, the cleanup was pretty quick, and the formatting (after i had tried everything else) took about 5 seconds, and all the hard drive space was recognized. Also, it won't charge by usb (though charging from the wall plug still works) and my computer won't recognize it, so i can't try reinstalling the firmware
Does this mean it could be something wrong with the main board? My zen is out of warranty, and while i think i could replace a broken hard drive, i dont think my skill extends any farther than that. I would be so grateful for any advice.
Thanks for reading my overly long post too...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]