android
Old 12-15-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Broken within a Day?

Oh No! My mum has a bought a vision:M on advise from me because i have one, she actually got it a while ago but it was only opened today. It all worked fine but i live in England so it has European firmware, i went through the same process as with mine, boot to recovery mode, reload firmware. I realized i didn't have the firmware already on my computer, stupid i know, i figured it would be ok though if i just left it connected and started the updater as soon as it downloaded, it finished within 5 mins so i thought it would be ok. I started it and it told me the device wasn't connected, i unplugged it tried updater again and the same thing happened, i thought something might have gone wrong because i had booted my computer from "hibernate" So i restarted my computer and the same thing happened. Luckily i have a spare hard drive from my own vision:M of which i have upgraded the HD and with this old one it worked again. However i would still like to get the original working again though.

Was that all understandable?

edit:I also know it's not a bad updater because with the hard drive from mine it finds the MP3 and updates it fine.

edit2:I'm also sure the hard drive as "reload firmware" and "format all" work fine.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-15-2007, 09:30 PM
ABI Invaluable

Okay, let me make sure I've got this right:
  • You booted ZVM #1 to Recovery Mode and performed the "Reload Firmware" option;
  • ZVM #1 no longer showed as connected after this procedure;
  • You placed ZVM #1's hard drive into ZVM #2;
  • ZVM #1 now functions normally;
  • ZVM #2 now has the same symptoms ZVM #1 had.
Assuming this is all correct, then my best advice is to perform a Disk Cleanup and Reformat on ZVM #2, then attempt to reload the firmware again.

Hope this helps!

Old 12-16-2007, 05:53 PM

OK I'll try, only thing i obviously didn't make clear there, ZVM #1 did connect to the computer, the sound was made and it asked me what i wanted to do but when i went to the firmware updater it could not find it.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:22 PM
ABI Invaluable

Hmmmm... Now that is a bit strange. However, go ahead and do what I suggested.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:56 PM

The thing is that i did the "format all" option, twice so would a disk clean up really help seeing as there's nothing to clean up anymore?

Old 12-17-2007, 04:04 PM
ABI Invaluable

Yes. Amongst other things, Disk Cleanup resets user settings back to factory default.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:00 PM

Thanks alot I did "disk clean up" it scanned then cleaned up, i then selected "reload firmware" and this time the updater realized it was connected. I still think it's a bit weird though, seeing as i formatted it which should mean there can't be any corrupt files, or un-corrupt files, and the firmware shouldn't of been corrupt as i had selected reload firmware so there shouldn't have been any firmware on it.