android
Old 03-12-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppi_W View Post
Hey Guys,

i found a Freeware Videoconverter for Windows and Linux, who can convert direktly in to the SVI-Format and has profiles for many Samsung Player.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/svicoder/

I have testet it with flash movies, divx and mpeg and couldn't find any problem.

It would be realy cool, if a mod can pin it so everybody could find this thread.
Thanks Seppi_W, the tool is fantastic, really fantastic. Easy to install (46.5MB oops) on a USB flash drive and etc. Works better than any other tool so far! (incl. Xmedia Recode, SUPER, SMS5)

top tip!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-07-2008, 10:30 PM

Sorry for reawakening an old thread.

I bought a Samsung T10 last week when it was on sale at Best Buy in Canada. Although I was impressed with the device's functionality (especially after upgrading to firmware 3.06) I was less thrilled with the necessity to convert video formats. A Google search sent me to this site and I've been trying out the various tools mentioned in the sticky thread at the top of the T10 forum (T10 WMV Tutorial by Narvin): Windows Media Encoder; M2PMCEncoderZX; jSVIcoder; SUPER; and VC-SamsungMP3. Although the last two applications did a reasonable job of converting to SVI files, they weren't quite as easy to use as I'd hoped for.

I then did some further searches and found references to XMedia Recode. I tried this out and found it worked great (with FLV, WMV, and MPEG-2 source files, of various frame rates and aspect ratios). By copying and editing an existing profile INI file I came up with a custom profile for the T10 (saved as "C:\Program Files\XMedia Recode\Profile\Samsung T10 svi.ini") which seems to handle everything I've thrown at it so far:
[Main]
Name=Samsung T10 (svi)
Format=avi
ExtName=svi

Bitexact=1
GOPSize=15
ZoomDefault=fittoscreen

Aspect1=4:3
Aspect2=16:9
AspectDefault=4:3

V1Codec=libxvid
V2Codec=mpeg4

V1Bitrate=600

A1Codec=libmp3lame
A1Bitrate=128
A1SampleRateDefault=41000

Res1=320x240
Res2=320x180
ResDefault=320x240
VCodecDefault=libxvid

AChannelDefault=stereo
Since XMedia Recode has some nice features (e.g. ability to transcode from DVDs; batch processing capabilities) I was wondering why it wasn't more prominently mentioned. (I was also wondering if other people had come up with a better profile INI for the Samsung T10.)

Tony

Old 07-08-2008, 01:12 PM

hi everybody,
did anyone know jsvicoder? it's a freeware software developed to convert videos .svi files, choosing between p2, t10 and so on.
Try it, and let me know!

Old 07-08-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatone View Post
hi everybody,
did anyone know jsvicoder? it's a freeware software developed to convert videos .svi files, choosing between p2, t10 and so on.
Try it, and let me know!
Yup, it works but it's missing a few things:

1) Although it can accept WMV, AVI, and FLV files as inputs it doesn't seem to like MPG files (either MPEG-1 or MPEG-2). This makes it difficult for me to transcode MPEG-2 files created by my PC TV capture card or my standalone DVD recorder.
2) There appear to be a limited number of quality settings for the T10 (bitrate 341 / fps 15; bitrate 682 / fps 22; bitrate 1024 / fps 30). I'd like to see more flexibility; in particular the ability to use the original framerate (e.g. 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97).

On the other hand:

1) Aspect ratios appear to be properly handled.
2) Batch processing is supported.
3) Custom settings for a number of Samsung devices are provided.

I'll definitely look out for future releases of this software.

Tony

Old 07-09-2008, 02:15 PM

for mpg files i suggest virtualdub and similar, saving to avi then processing with jsvicoder.
i'm very impressed by this software: clean [gui not so pretty...], sharp, fast.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatone View Post
for mpg files i suggest virtualdub and similar, saving to avi then processing with jsvicoder.
i'm very impressed by this software: clean [gui not so pretty...], sharp, fast.
I think I'll stick to XMedia Recode for now since it already handles MPG files and is more configurable. Using a custom profile (such as the one I included in my previous posting), it automatically outputs SVI files of reasonable quality (without changing the original source framerate) and is easy to use. As a bonus feature, I can create SVI files directly from non-copyprotected DVDs.

There's nothing really wrong with jSVIcoder and for most people it probably does the job. However, for me, it lacks too many features. However, as I said, I'll definitely watch out for future versions.

Tony

Old 03-19-2009, 03:17 AM

Hey there guys i had converted my video into .svi and still having the same problem! . Had upgraded to fw3.06 too. I had used jSVIcoder- Founded in this thread.

Any more suggestion?

Old 04-10-2009, 01:53 AM

this is making the videos larger for some reason. it used to be like 200 mb but then it went to 6 gb. can you help me.