android
Old 12-26-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Need replacement screen, where to buy?

Hey guys, my first post here. I've got a 30Gig Zen Vision W here with a cracked screen. After searching, it seems like my only option is to send it to either Creative or ZenRepair for repairs costing $170+. I've already disassembled my Zen, if only the screen was available somewhere - no bricked ones available on Ebay. Anyone know if and where replacement screens are sold? The LCD is manufactured by Samsung, part #LTG430WQ-F02. Thanks a bunch!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-27-2007, 06:21 PM

This is from a different website (http://onemansblog.com/2007/01/08/cr...on-w-teardown/), but you will find it useful:
Comment by Nick S. 2007-10-11 23:11:26
Hi, I accidently fell asleep well listening to my zen a while ago , (little more than a year ago) and I had completly smashed the screen. Of course this had bummed me out, I waited from the announced release date and pre-ordered and everything I even got my Zen 1 month before standard U.S. release date, I had one before CNET, and I had smashed it now after almost a year with it. So I frantically called creative to see if I could be covered by warranty. Alas my warranty was up. They told me , you can send it in on RMA though so we can fix it. So sadly I agreed. I sent it in , payed 20 dollars shipping. 1 week later I got a email back , it was going to cost 50 dollars to replace my screen, “only 50 dollars for the probably most expenisve part of this thing ? wow I guess I’ll pay”. Well 2 weeks later , after reading horror stories of creative not sending products back I got another email saying my zen was on the way , I payed for 2nd day air and they didn’t give me it, they neglected that part of my bill. I opened my package 1 week later, and to my surprise I had not gotten my Zen back at all. To my surprise what they had done was actually sent me , A BRAND NEW ZEN, how awesome was that? and to top things off I had taken my battery off before shipping, AND THEY DIDN’T CARE. So now I had 1 brand new zen for 70 dollars, and an extra battery how sweet is that. And to top things off 2 days later I got a email telling me they refunded me my 14.68 for 2nd day air, I checked my card statement, sure enough they had. Moral of the story, don’t be afraid to send it in to creative, you might even wind up better than what you started and to top things off the guy on the phone when I called to ask about my RMA offered to sell me the official carrying case for 50% off the website price. I’m not sure if it was just me being nice and not trying to be forefull with them about me braking it, or what but they were sure helpfull don’t be afraid to ship it in to creative, you might just get a new Zen like I did. That one experince right there made me a creative customer for life there. Definetly try sending it to creative if you have a problem you don’t know how to fix. I did and look how it turned out for me.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:44 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=tab%3DSelling

Old 08-27-2009, 09:16 AM

I bought a Zen 8GB LCD from this site http://www.mobile-phone-lcd.com/crea...dus-p-267.html but i also noticed they have the Vision W so may be worth a try.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:04 PM

I have some extra screens.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:59 PM

Default may want a screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative_mp3_tech View Post
I have some extra screens.
I have the Vision W and the older Vision M - the M has the busted screen. Can you replace? How much? (How is everything at Granite Bay these days? I used to live up the lake toward Rattlesnake; went water skiing all the time from that launch, and camped at Peninisula.)