android
Old 12-28-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Media Converter for Mac

Just got the 8gb pilot for Christmas and I was wondering if anybody knew of a working media converter for the Mac? I am currently trying the iriverter but it just keeps freezing while it converts.

I've tried it on multiple video files and settings and have re-downloaded and installed it several times with no luck.

I also didn't see any version of Arcsoft that said it was OSX compatible.

Thanks - Mike

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-28-2007, 10:30 AM

Handbrake?

Old 12-28-2007, 12:20 PM

even if you got it to convert you player would scream no at you. That program was made for the Iriver products. Handmade by people that use irivers. From the top of my head I almost positive the pilot has a higher definition screen then irivers. Well the Clix 2 beats the pilot with its amoled.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:05 PM

I use Iriverter in Linux just fine with my Pilot. All you have to do is select a profile for you resolution, and then reduce the bitrate accordingly. It works great.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:11 PM

I stand corrected You should post here the settings your using

Old 12-31-2007, 12:44 PM

Ah, I haven't been here since the last post, but I can do that when I get home. I thought another person here posted (although that could have been on the Ubuntu forum) but there is an iRiver device that uses 320x240 video, and I dropped it to around 512Kbps for video and 160Kbps for audio. I regularly convert DVDs to h.264 video files with 6 channel audio (AAC) and chapter support with Nero Recode. From there, I take the video that I like, throw it on the laptop and convert with Iriverter. The other cool thing is you can point to a directory of videos and do a batch conversion.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:38 PM

Help Handbrake settings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student Driver View Post
Handbrake?
Actually, I've been having a heck of a time trying to use handbrake. Could you post the settings you're using to create videos for the Pilot with it?

Thank y' kindly!

Old 01-01-2008, 01:24 AM

Bummer, I haven't used Handbrake for the Mac, and while trying to use the GTK-based one for Linux I lost interest. Sorry.

Now, the settings for Iriverter are the following:

Options -> Device -> Creative -> Zen Vision:M
Options -> Bitrate -> Video 614Kbps and Audio 160Kbps
Options -> Video Size -> 320x240

These work fine, and I transfer them from my laptop running Ubuntu 7.10 (although I manage the Pilot with a Windows XP box in general). My master videos are XviD or H.264 (up to 2Mbps video), and range from stereo MP3 to 6 channel AAC audio (either High Efficiency or up to 48KHz/192Kbps Low Complexity); Iriverter has no problems with either.

Oh, and I forgot why the video is at that setting; it should work OK with Bluetooth at those settings. I kept getting video sync issues and found the default at around 1.5Mbps. I am fairly these settings will let you use Bluetooth while watching video without sync problems. I think...

Last edited by Student Driver; 01-01-2008 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Added reason for Video sampling rate