android
Old 12-28-2007, 04:45 PM

Angry

where can i get a screen protecter(that can be bought in a major retailer store in USA and not not online) for the insignia pilot or what home made materials can be used to make one

*i have on suggestion get a inte case black one with out armband and put a ziplock or w/e glad on the face with the case being the holder or the glad or ziplock yeah i just tought of that 2 in my head

also i was wondering is the sound qualty good and does it feel cheap? and is the radio good to?
also what is in tha package on the insignia pilot??

my past experince with sq is on a sana 1.0 200 something else number it rectanugler and has a square control pad and i could on hear out of one ear and had to bend in akward ways wot get it to play in 2

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-29-2007, 12:58 AM

I know you can stop buy a STAPLES and pic up some of those screen protectors that have for PDA's and cut one. Be a hell of a lot cheaper

Old 12-29-2007, 12:02 PM

thx u

Old 12-31-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman280 View Post
where can i get a screen protecter(that can be bought in a major retailer store in USA and not not online) for the insignia pilot or what home made materials can be used to make one
Best Buy sells a couple nice cases with a clear screen-cover and button openings specifically designed for the Pilot -- after all, Insignia is their house brand.

Quote:
also i was wondering is the sound qualty good and does it feel cheap? and is the radio good to?
also what is in tha package on the insignia pilot??
Um...how about some recommended reading:
Quote:
my past experince with sq is on a sana 1.0 200 something else number it rectanugler and has a square control pad and i could on hear out of one ear and had to bend in akward ways wot get it to play in 2
Are you really suggesting that could because the player had a square/regtangular form-factor?? Honestly, that sounds like a short somewhere in your headphones, the wire, or the plug. Somewhat less likely, it could be the headphone jack on the player itself.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro.giraffe View Post
Honestly, that sounds like a short somewhere in your headphones, the wire, or the plug. Somewhat less likely, it could be the headphone jack on the player itself.
Losing the sound in one ear is simply something I've come to expect in wired earphones. Eventually, every pair I've owned has ended up like that.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:52 AM

I used to wear out headphone jacks on my Walkman players (yep, real Walkman back in '85 or so ) and other players. Losing one ear was a common occurrence for me. When I got my first iPod, I loved the remote control as I could just replace the control when the jack wore out.

And replace the control I did, but for a different reason; the stupid cable(s) would fracture and eventually cause intermittent connections. I went through 2 or 3 on my 3rd gen, and 1 on my 5th gen. This is one of two reasons why I wanted Bluetooth, and I'm a pretty big fan. Also, on the Pilot you can use the line-in jack as a second headphone out, so you get another jack to stretch out.

With respect to a screen protector, I've had fantastic luck with the surface of the unit and it hasn't scratched in the 3 weeks I've had it. Both of my iPods were magnets for scratches, but this thing is pretty good. If you go Bluetooth, you might wind up with the player in a simple, full protective case (I have a little Golla bag that I use sometimes).

Old 01-01-2008, 11:13 AM

Wow! There go my dreams of being a product durability tester.

I've never worn out the jack on a player of any kind. I think I had to replace the plug on one pair of phones many years ago.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro.giraffe View Post
Best Buy sells a couple nice cases with a clear screen-cover and button openings specifically designed for the Pilot -- after all, Insignia is their house brand.

Um...how about some recommended reading:Are you really suggesting that could because the player had a square/regtangular form-factor?? Honestly, that sounds like a short somewhere in your headphones, the wire, or the plug. Somewhat less likely, it could be the headphone jack on the player itself.

To me those things are ugly and bulky. Just getting a simple clear screen protector and cutting it to the dimension you want will be the cleanest and cheapest way

Old 01-02-2008, 04:14 PM

Does the display and front smudge-prone like the NS-DV was? I know they also fixed the viewing angles.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:59 PM

Never had a NS-DV, but YES the front is a smudge/fingerprint magnet.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:11 PM

Glossy Black = smudges!!!! I would love to have this thing in a glossy white.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeafTalker View Post
Glossy Black = smudges!!!! I would love to have this thing in a glossy white.
You say yes he say's no...

Old 01-04-2008, 09:01 PM

<--- is lost

Old 01-22-2008, 02:35 PM

Does anyone have a more concrete suggestion for this? If the answer is to go to Staples, has anyone done this? If so which brand/product did you choose?

Were there any special techniques required?

Thanks!
shadowmn

Old 01-27-2008, 09:00 PM

Choose the cheapest. The Pilot screen is VERY scratch resistant, so you are only going to achieve some small amount of glare or fingerprint reduction with a protector.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LFaqMmiZOQs

Unless you like to put your player in your pocket full of sharp rocks, or desire a belt clip/arm band, you don't really need to buy anything else.
if you still feel you need one, they come with instructions, but most are basically squeegeed on from one end to the other to avoid bubbles.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalq View Post
Choose the cheapest. The Pilot screen is VERY scratch resistant, so you are only going to achieve some small amount of glare or fingerprint reduction with a protector.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LFaqMmiZOQs

Unless you like to put your player in your pocket full of sharp rocks, or desire a belt clip/arm band, you don't really need to buy anything else.
if you still feel you need one, they come with instructions, but most are basically squeegeed on from one end to the other to avoid bubbles.
ohh great, so now I have to stop walking around with pocket full of sharp rocks!?!?! forget it! sheesh!

Old 03-26-2008, 01:19 PM

Wink Clear Tape...

Hey

I have had great results with clear packing tape!! My roll of tape at Staples was about $3 for 2" wide, 100+ feet, which covers the screen horizontally with a little extra to stick over the sides. You can cut it to any size/shape and it is a super cheap alternative to those "custom" protectors costing upwards of $5!! The great thing is you can peel off and reapply, with no fears of losing your investment since you have plenty of extra available!!!

Old 03-26-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS777 View Post
Hey

I have had great results with clear packing tape!! My roll of tape at Staples was about $3 for 2" wide, 100+ feet, which covers the screen horizontally with a little extra to stick over the sides. You can cut it to any size/shape and it is a super cheap alternative to those "custom" protectors costing upwards of $5!! The great thing is you can peel off and reapply, with no fears of losing your investment since you have plenty of extra available!!!
So, no issues with sticky residue? If not, then this is a great idea! I have been going to Wal-Mart and in the fabric section there is plastic on rolls, I think it is 48" wide. I get the smallest amount that they sell (I think 1/8 yard) and spend like 52 cents on it. It just clings to the screen. I have used it for my camera screen also. It does tend to get little bubbles, but it does a good job of protecting against scratching. Though if you are too rough with it it will pop off, which would make the take a better idea if it doesn't leave residue. Please let me know about that, I'm intreged!
S

Old 03-26-2008, 10:23 PM

Cool Tape Residue

Well, after you peel it off, it can leave residue...but a LITTLE rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball or cotton swab takes care of that. Also about applying the vinyl film or tape-slowly run a credit card or similar object as you lay the material down. This works reasonably well-think auto tint application. The alcohol trick might even help the vinyl stick to the screen and still make it removable!

Old 03-28-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS777 View Post
Hey

I have had great results with clear packing tape!! My roll of tape at Staples was about $3 for 2" wide, 100+ feet, which covers the screen horizontally with a little extra to stick over the sides.
Where did you get a Pilot with a 100+ foot screen?

Seriously, thanks for the packing tape hint.