android
Old 05-30-2008, 03:35 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pybcu View Post
especially I'm a little bit disappointed that the following still is not working:
* "back" should work in shuffle mode as well (that is actually something I regard as a bug that should be fixed, not as a missing feature)
Hooray - finally this bug is fixed! ver 3.06 allows going back in shuffle mode

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-30-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_i_am09 View Post
i would like to be able to change the sensitivity of the scrolling. i have a lot of songs and its a hassle scrolling through so slow.
have you deactivated the errr... let me call it "clicking-button-sounds"? without them, scrolling goes MUCH faster

Old 05-31-2008, 02:30 AM

to hike the music quality

Old 05-31-2008, 09:09 PM

on the next firmware... ohhh
choosing different pictures for each menu choice in the myskin mode (one for video, another for music, yet another for bluetooth..)
image based screensavers or the date and time screensaver like on the T9 (I like to know what day it really is)
more streaming power for more bluetooth headphones (muahahaha its a party)
more interfaces
a horizontal menu interface

Old 06-01-2008, 04:29 AM

Hi!

I haven't updated yet ... what about my greatest wish: Gapless playback?
Is it "fixed" in the new firmware?

Old 06-01-2008, 05:32 AM
Samsung Moderator

No
Gapless would be a NEW function.
Yet, this is not a new bluewave, only a new firmware in the 3rd bluewave.
For gapless you have to wait until bluewave 4th and it is not sure it will be implemented

Old 06-01-2008, 06:56 AM

@lebellium: Thanks for your fast reply!

Then I start praying again, that there will be 4th wave with gapless playback.
The player would be so much more useful with that feature.
I could use it for instructing fitness classes with especially mixed music where gaps - even small ones - are a complete "no go".

Are there any players with good working gapless playback functionality?

Old 06-01-2008, 04:52 PM

i want bluetooth to be able to connect to the thing that it can't connect with, and only cell phones can use it. if you know what i'm talking about...

also, we need all that stuff p2 has. ALARM, CALCULATOR, DICTIONARY, etc etc...
and be able to store more GUIs. and maybe like 1 GUI menu that looks like the p2's, except not a touch screen. we navigate with the touch keys. it'll makes things a little easier to find certain stuff in the t10, instead of scrolling through 9 whole menus.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:11 AM

my main priority rite now is album art and tags for wma's, ogg's and aac's!

keep datacasts separate from video/audio/text files.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:40 AM

How about more levels for screen brightness? I have mine permanently on the lowest level, yet it's still pretty bright. It might help to save the battery as well.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:26 AM

i would like even a 5seconds screen off..15 is too much for me, and for ev'ryone who just change songs

Old 06-11-2008, 04:39 AM

i want to be able to change the name of my bluetooth

Old 06-11-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
i want to be able to change the name of my bluetooth
Open Bluetooth Settings -> My device info -> push the menu-button -> voila, you can edit your device name

Old 06-14-2008, 03:26 AM

Lightbulb My humble opinion...

Hi Guys/Samsung developers,
I've been looking for a thread like this for a while. I have been keeping a list of features in my head, (and crossing them off with each update!) but now I will share them with you. I am planning to write one of these about Emodio too.

My opinion:

Skins and GUIs are not important to me. I am using the default Sammy and I am quite happy with it. I think it would be a waste of time to make more.
Extra file format support would not be a very high priority for me. The only time it would be useful would be when receiving bluetooth files. (like 3pgs) I always convert video files as it makes them much smaller. Gapless playback would not be very useful. After all, who cares if the device pauses for a second. Even in split files it is no big deal.

Thanks lots for 3.06, going back in shuffle is useful.

My suggestions:

You need to be able to bookmark audio files. This would be useful as I listen to audio books (stories) that are often 1 hour long files. Bookmarking these just like videos would be great.

A lower brightness setting would be very useful, as the battery only lasts for a few hours playing videos. If that is limited by the hardware then I understand.

Renaming/moving/copying would be nice, and what about editing ID3 tags? (eg. the artist, genre, etc.)

If you enable the click sound when ever you press a button then the device pauses for a split second. This is extremely annoying, as it makes the device appear to lag. In the game, chicken run if you enable sounds then it is almost unplayable. This is a very important bug in my opinion.

Renaming playlists? I can't remember what they all are if they are called playlist 1, playlist 2, etc. Also, my device shows a playlist called SYSTEM. A bug? Does anyone else have that?

The delete function is not available in all places. If you click the menu button in the following locations nothing happens: Recorded files in music, Songs in music, In videos, in pictures and address book. Possibly a few more I didn't notice. Of course, you can still delete them from files browser but that is annoying.
Creating and deleting folders would also be useful. It should show a double confirmation when deleting: "Are you sure you want to delete this folder" and "Warning: This will delete the contents of this folder too" Also, you should not be allowed to delete any of the important folders like music, videos, received files, etc.

I really think if you are going to have an address book then it should be a proper one. You need to be able to edit items, add items and delete items. Even if you can just change names and phone numbers it would be very useful. I have only used it once to look up an email address but if I could edit it from on the device then I would use it a lot more. Also, Emodio should have support for address books in some way. I had to make all of the VCF cards manually on the computer.

When I set my device name for bluetooth, I can't use spaces!! I want to call it Lewin's T10 but I've had to settle with Lewins-T10 as 's and spaces are not allowed. Please add another page of characters for spaces, 's ! ? etc. Also, why is the length limit so short? Mobiles can support names three times as long as the T10.

Showing the date at the top along with the time would be great. Changing between them maybe?

I love the way Samsung keeps releasing updates. It makes me feel like they really care for me. I recomend Samsung players to my friends, partly just because of the continues updates. Keep the firmware updates and Emodio updates coming!!
The proud owner of a T10,
Lewin.

EDIT:

Forgot to say:
Flash/Java support or even a whole SDK would obviously be great, but I understand how expensive/difficult that would be. But if it is at all possible then that would be really wonderful as then people can make their own programs.

Last edited by Lewin; 06-14-2008 at 07:04 AM. Reason: I wanted to add a bit about folder stuff. I only did the original 1/2 an hour ago.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:57 PM

To me, the best new feature would be for Samsung to separate the new GUI files from the Firmware update files. Then we can download just the GUI we want and not have to replace the whole firmware each time.
Secondly, can Samsung make it so we can have all 10 new GUIs installed at the same time and easily select which one from a menu?

Old 06-25-2008, 11:38 AM

It would be not bad to add automatic connection with the connected device when it will be is in radius of actionб , therefore as it is often disconnected when are outside of radius of action, and it is not convenient to connect devices again

Old 06-25-2008, 12:39 PM

@johngs:
That's a good idea! And a software to generate own GUI-themes would even be better.

@Lewin: Gaples playback is a must have - and a lot of people care about that feature!
If you want to use your T10 in high level choreography classes even the smallest break ruins it all. If I had known that the T10 cannot do "gapless playback" I'd never bought it!
Besides that you make some pretty good suggestions!
Bookmarking, remanimg playlists, show date and time (maybe even in 24h and dd-mm-yyyy format?!)

I hope the Samsung-guys will release a wave with all those features!

Last edited by VooDooMaster; 06-27-2008 at 03:37 AM.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:14 PM

Default Oh... Good point....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooMaster View Post
@johngs:@Lewin: Gaples playback is a must have - and a lot of people care about that feature!
If you want to use your T10 in high level choreography classes even the smallest break ruins it all. If I had known that the T10 cannot do "gapless playback" I'd never bought it!
Oh, yes that is a time when you would require it. I was just thinking for listening to music/audio books and then it doesn't matter. So: Gapless play back would be good! Note that I was never against it, just it wasn't a priority for me.

Quote:
Besides that you make some pretty good suggestions!
Bookmarking, remanimg playlists, show date and time (maybe even in 24h and mm-dd-yyyy format?!)
Thanks. I want dd-mm-yyyy format, as that is the Australian way of doing it. Makes more sense too, in order from smallest value (day) to largest value. (year) I thought that only Americans used MM/DD/YYYY. So the Germans do aswell?

Quote:
I hope the Samsung-guys will release a wave with all those features!
Me too! I think right now most of their man power and budget is going into Emodio, TTS and the custom UCI thing on emodio.com. So maybe we will need to wait for some of these fetures. Have you seen the new TTS speakers? They have German, that should interest you. They say they will support 24 lanuages in the end, including Australian!! (YAY!)
I hope the Samsung guys read this thread.
Lewin.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewin View Post
Thanks. I want dd-mm-yyyy format, as that is the Australian way of doing it. Makes more sense too, in order from smallest value (day) to largest value. (year) I thought that only Americans used MM/DD/YYYY. So the Germans do aswell?
Oops! Sorry! I corrected that. I want dd-mm-yyyy, too!
It' also the German way to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewin View Post
So maybe we will need to wait for some of these fetures.
I can be very patient, if - in the end - I get what I want
No - I haven't seen the new TTS speakers yet. I'll have a look.

Thank you and have a good time!

Old 06-28-2008, 02:03 PM

it wud be cool to have a calender and maybe a lyric viewer while listening to music and having bigger album art on the menu with sammy on it