android
Old 01-21-2008, 04:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Basically, it prevented proper charging over USB, and - when charging using an AC power adapter, would simply show the "plugged in" icon, and would not charge. It had the greatest tendency to jump up and bite people when the battery discharges down below a certain point.

It was an especially insidious bug, because the only way to update the firmware at this point was to have both an AC power adapter AND have it plugged into the computer at the same time.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-21-2008, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
Basically, it prevented proper charging over USB, and - when charging using an AC power adapter, would simply show the "plugged in" icon, and would not charge. It had the greatest tendency to jump up and bite people when the battery discharges down below a certain point.

It was an especially insidious bug, because the only way to update the firmware at this point was to have both an AC power adapter AND have it plugged into the computer at the same time.
Ok, thanks. I haven't had any of those problems to my knowledge. After reading up on firmware a bit (on here and elsewhere) I think I will upgrade to 1.62.02 anyway. Nothing to lose I guess.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:42 PM

Well I updated my firmware to 1.62.02 and guess what? - my PC doesn't recognise my player anymore!........

I am on Windows XP and recently upgraded my WMP to 11 (from 10). That caused a problem with my PC reading my player so I downloaded the software patch from Creative and then it worked fine.....until I upgraded the firmware.

Please help.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:39 PM

Well I figured it out somehow. I just re-installed the software patch I downloaded from Creative and now it works.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

That was weird! I'm so glad it worked out for you! I don't think I could have emotionally handled another bricked-ZVM story!

Old 01-24-2008, 05:55 PM

I have noticed that there's been a few people with extreme looking Zen related problems that you're helping with lately.

All's good with mine I think. I'm just going to update all the tags using WMP (for my wma songs) and Mp3 Tag Tools for my mp3 songs. Just on that - previously I was changing all the song and album titles on my player using the Creative Media Organiser then to find out I wasn't changing the tags at all but just the display info. If I change the tags using WMP / MP3 Tag Tools will that also change the displayed titles for my player?

I now have all my songs on my PC (previously I was just 'changing' them while they were on my player).

Old 01-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

One of these days, I really AM going to get around to writing a comprehensive guide to ID3 tagging... Along with my comprehensive guide to WMP11, my Denon AH-C351 IEM review, and so on and so forth...

Yay, college!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:48 AM

Default Which update to show album art?

I bought a zen vision:m 30gb a while ago and my girlfriend just bought one last week.....her's shows album art when playing a song......is this a firmware upgrade or??? I want mine to show album art

Any help??

Old 09-30-2008, 11:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello cr4gger. Welcome. Album art should show regardless of the firmware version as long as you have the album art setup for the audio files. Please see this thread for more information.

Zen FAQ