android
Old 01-04-2008, 05:00 AM

Default Album Art (yet again!)

I have read a couple of threads regarding album art but as yet have not grasped the explanation. Is there a facility with this player for the album covers to be transferred directly when ripping music tracks or do I have to do this manually via another route? My Son has an Ipod and it appears that when he transfers music to his player you can select to transfer album art at the same time. Is this problem just me or is it a lot more difficult on the Zen?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-04-2008, 06:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

WMP11 has a feature that will update ID3 tags and embed album art to your MP3 files, in a semi- or fully-automated way. I can't help you with the specifics, since I don't use it, though. I use MediaMonkey, and it has a nice album art lookup feature that will search Amazon and embed it for you. It's not automatic, though, and you'll have to update each album separately.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:01 AM

i have a vision m 60 gb with the latest firmware..i use wmp11 to sync my music..

i want to know as to where exactly the album art is stored in the player...i mean, is it stored in picture or in the same folder as the music?

found some stuff here:http://forums.creative.com/creativel...ssage.id=40006

Old 01-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I guess the MTP protocol resizes and stores the album art images inside the music library database. None of the music I loaded into my ZV:M through MediaMonkey has image files for the covers in the Pictures folder or under the Music folder. It should be the same for WMP11.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It seems to depend on the sync method used. For WMP11, the imagery is picked up off of WMP's database and embedded in the ZVM's database. For other methods, the ZVM pulls the imagery off the ID3 tags and embeds them into the database.

Incidentally, I have found a way to disable album art from displaying on the ZVM - It requires syncing with WMP11:
  1. Format your ZVM from Recovery Mode and perform a Disk Cleanup.
  2. Launch WMP11 and plug in your player. Give it a name when prompted.
  3. IMMEDIATELY stop sync (the player will start to sync automatically).
  4. Locate your player in the tree along the left side of WMP11's window. Right-click on it, and select "Set up sync..."
  5. In the right-hand pane labeled "Playlists to sync", locate any playlist that have to do with Pictures. Highlight each one and click the "< Remove" button.
  6. Click "Finish", then click "Start Sync" in WMP11's main window.