android
Old 01-04-2008, 09:41 PM

Default Best car audio cable for View?

Hello:

I have an audio input jack in my new Mazda3 so I hooked up my View (also new) hoping for the best. I was using an audio cable that I think originated with my Sirius radio, it is one of those portable ones that you can take into your car and buy a home docking kit.

Anyway, I felt like the sound quality was good but the volume is not as loud as playing a CD or the radio. That led me to believe that maybe I need a higher quality audio cable. Has anyone looked into this issue or have any recommendations? I looked through some Monster cables online at Best Buy and wondering if that is the route I should do.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-14-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptruett View Post
Hello:

I have an audio input jack in my new Mazda3 so I hooked up my View (also new) hoping for the best. I was using an audio cable that I think originated with my Sirius radio, it is one of those portable ones that you can take into your car and buy a home docking kit.

Anyway, I felt like the sound quality was good but the volume is not as loud as playing a CD or the radio. That led me to believe that maybe I need a higher quality audio cable. Has anyone looked into this issue or have any recommendations? I looked through some Monster cables online at Best Buy and wondering if that is the route I should do.

You may want to check the settings on the radio and see if it has a separate volume setting for your AUX input, it may be labeled as "SLA" or something like that, that you can turn up.

it has nothing to do with the cable, you may also what to make sure that the volume on the View is turned up most of the way as well, I have to turn mine all the way up, and even then I need to turn up the radio louder than I would on a CD or the XM/Radio, but it's no biggie.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:26 AM

A line level output and a headphone output don't have the same level: the headphone output is much lower. Usually, you have to raise the volume almost to the maximum to get a similar signal, and unfortunately most player will start to distort at that level. And few players have a line level output, but some do with an optional odck, and I think it may be the case with the View, but I may be wrong.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:16 PM

I have a griffin dock that I have powered in my car with a usb cable. This provides a line out which passes through a lot more. This was not a good set up for me, but maybe you could mod one for your self to make it work.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:49 PM

I love my iMonster, universal one because it is digital, lighted display, and plugs into any audio jack.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:06 PM

I noticed that the Belkin cable at Walmart is gold plated or at least gold colored, whereas the one I have now is silver. I think it was about $7, and I think they have one much more pricey at $20-$30 at places like Best Buy. I thought gold was a better conductor, but not sure it is even really gold or worth it.

I'm getting mostly acceptable volume and realize that the MP3 file quality and other variables with the actual song media file can affect volume. Still feel like the volume level is better on CDs. In my mind, full volume should be too loud, and while I don't listen to that much extremely loud music (I am 37 now, need to protect the hearing), it seems like if I wanted to really rock out I just don't have the kick I need from the player.

How about some more details about the Monster one you mentioned? Trying to get information from a truly knowledgeable person at Best Buy or similar stores is hit and miss and mostly miss. Often you know more than the person helping you. Can't good minimum wage help be found anymore?