Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Default Vision:M seems cool, but I have doubts. Some help, please?

So I've been all over the place the last few days trying to decide what MP3 player I would buy to replace my old Muvo2. I want a lot of storage space, as I am planning on putting a ton of music on it.

I figure I'll occasionally want to watch videos on it, mostly stuff that I pull off torrents and such, but I won't do that a whole lot, I don't think. Originally I was going to get a Vision W, but after talking to people here, and seeing how HUGE it is, I don't think I want that anymore.

So I'm leaning toward the Vision M. I like the idea of the flash memory that the Zen has, but since the biggest one I can get right now is 16gb, that's not really going to work for me. Plus, when the 32gb one DOES come out, I'm thinking it will be a lot more expensive.

I also like not having to deal with the video transcoding, so that's a plus for the M.

I have two concerns about the M. The first is the most significant. Considering that I'm having a hard time finding one (even the 30gb) from reputable vendors, it looks like it is probably discontinued. This might be a bad time to get on board with that.

Second, I don't like that you can't change the battery. That's the same problem that the Zen has, but I'm not happy about it either way.

I'm curious what other people think. I'm having a REALLY hard time finding the right device for me. The size of the Vision M is fine for me. I like how much smaller the Zen is, but I can live with the bigger one.

Does anyone have any information that might help my concerns, or point me in the right direction? I miss having an MP3 player, but I'm having SO much trouble deciding.

I just know I'm damned well not getting an Ipod. I'd rather have NO mp3 player.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]