android
Old 01-08-2008, 08:44 PM

Default Help on Zen's rating system

I have a large amount of electronic songs, and if you are a fan of this music, you know that the names can be anything but descriptive, so I have been listening one at a time and rating the songs through the ZVM's star rating system to remind myself of how much I liked the songs. Since the only way (to my knowledge) to see what you rated a song is to actually start the song, then check the rating, I wanted to upload all my ratings from my Zen onto my PC music library so I can more easily see what the song's ratings are. How would I do this? Is there a way to browse by rating (or something similar) while within the Zen?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Browsing by rating doesn't seem to be a possibility with the Zen, with the notable exception of the "Top Rated" auto-DJ functions. However, the ratings should transfer to your PC's library as long as you are using a sync manager that understands and manages such ratings. WMP10 and 11 will do this. During the brief time I've used Media Explorer, I have not noticed that it observes tag changes at all, let alone star rating changes.