android
Old 01-08-2008, 10:17 PM

Default just got S616F need help!

Hey guys,

Just purchased a NWZ-S616F and i got a bunch of questions because ive only used ipods for the past 3 years and I just made the switch because I was fed up with Apple! o n who doesnt love sony!

question #1:

Could somebody please give me a link to the best FREE Mp4 m4v. video converter software and possibly some good settings as well. And I can only hope somebody has a good video file compressor as well!

question #2:

I have Windows Xp Media Center 2004. I say this because In order to install Windows Media player 11.. it says I need Xp 2005 or newer..
so right now Im running windows media player 10.. is there any major difference between 10 and 11?

question #3:

Is it possible to get my apple purchased music (copyright protected AAC files) onto my new sony walkman without having to burn them to a CD and then converting to MP3?

Im shure ill have more questions as I think of them/ run into problems...

thanks in advance guys.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-09-2008, 10:11 AM

1- Theres a PSP converter (If I am not wrong yuki posted the name in the sony forum) search "PSP converter"

2- No, the difference is not big, mostly the gui and some minor functions added

3- You will need to "unsecure them" then AAC's will play on your DAP. I am not sure of the easiest way, I personally use wma.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:11 PM

ok back to question 1.

guys seriously there are no like support forums for sony and no programs on the internet for the sony walkman so you guys and sony support who tells me i need a $20 program is all i got.

will somebody PLEASE give me a link to the download page for a good free KNOWN TO WORK converter and possibly some directions on how to go about using it.....

i downloaded videoras psp video 9 converter and it would work great if i had a psp so if u guys think videora is good they've got like 10 versions so just tell me which version to get.

thank you.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyfan View Post
ok back to question 1.

i downloaded videoras psp video 9 converter and it would work great if i had a psp so if u guys think videora is good they've got like 10 versions so just tell me which version to get.

thank you.
calm down and read!

"PSP Video 9 is a free PSP video conversion and management application. It can convert regular PC video files (avi, mpeg, etc) into PSP video files, as well as manage/copy these PSP video files between your PC and PSP."

http://www.pspvideo9.com/Download/

PSP ---> Walkman = Sony ( They share the same video codec)

Old 01-09-2008, 10:07 PM

Regarding your third question, the programs at this site may help: http://www.hymn-project.org/

Regarding Windows Media Player, I would guess that WMP 10 should work fine... it's mostly just a different UI for about the same functionality.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:55 AM

thanks guys.

this is weird but this is what i figured out last night...

all the video converters ive installed which is like 10 at this point.. have converted the movies correctly but heres the thing... on my computer when i click and drag the converted movie file using windows explorer into the VIDEO folder on walkman it gives some error message where i can click skip or cancel.. either button i push it wont let the movie download onto the player... then when i try to click and drag the converted file into windows media player it says WMP doesnt recognize the file extension....

well long story short... on my dad's laptop clicking and dragging the same files using windows explorer works with no problems...

so now my situation is i have to use his computer to add video files and i can use my computer to manage music and pics... pretty stupid.. i might call sony about the problem and see if they can help...

Old 01-13-2008, 09:16 PM

Well not free but I use this and it works great!

http://www.winavi.com/

I have used it for videos for my Sony A816.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:25 PM

Ignore all those other video converters. PSPVideo9 is alright, but really nice is this:
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
Install it, run it, set the output option to PSP, drag your videos in, and hit convert. Done.