android
Old 01-14-2008, 11:33 AM

Default Sony 816 accessories?

Any shops that sell accessories besides Sony Store?
Docking station, Cases etc.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Amazon is sold out, so honestly beside sony style i dont know.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:50 PM

OK. I have a Sony store by me. I have a $50 gift card for Best Buy and I thought maybe they would sell the docking station but all they sell are the players. I guess I will go to the Sony Store.

Thanks

Old 02-17-2008, 10:49 PM

I also am looking for accessories for my a818 unit. I was thinking about the silicone case, the dock, and the belt clip but have some questions -

Does the Sony belt clip https://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...52921665234496
still fit the unit if you have the Sony silicone case on it https://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...52921665234494

I would really like a case that allows access to all buttons has a a nice screen protector (such as a cell phone cover would) and could add a belt clip if needed.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briant73 View Post
I would really like a case that allows access to all buttons has a a nice screen protector (such as a cell phone cover would) and could add a belt clip if needed.
Second this. It can't be that hard to produce something like this, can it? Sony's current case selection doesn't do it for me, and it would be great if a 3rd party would step into the void and come up with something more versatile, affordable.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:12 PM

I'd like to see a protective case that gave it shock protection, clear film over the screen but left the buttons open for use.

Something like this in either silicone or foam without the front leather cover (or removable) would be ideal http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/d=...=5060143036859

Then there's this in silicone http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/d=...=5060143039362

I know nothing about this company and the few reviews I found on Amazon for their products didn't fill me with confidence.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:20 PM

I looked at the silicone but I ended up buying the hard plastic case.

Sony NWZ-A728B, Sony NWZ-A816, iPod Shuffle 1GB

Old 03-25-2008, 12:57 AM

Belkin iPod Nano Armband Black/Gray Model F8Z153-KG

This Case is made for an idiot pod but it fits perfectly and I have been using it everyday running and working out for two weeks now. I don't know that you will find a better case not designed for this player. My wife and I have tried everything and nothing has worked like this. I love it. Circuit shitty sells it for about 10 bucks I think.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrenzellaphant View Post
Belkin iPod Nano Armband Black/Gray Model F8Z153-KG

This Case is made for an idiot pod but it fits perfectly and I have been using it everyday running and working out for two weeks now. I don't know that you will find a better case not designed for this player. My wife and I have tried everything and nothing has worked like this. I love it. Circuit shitty sells it for about 10 bucks I think.
I don't need an arm band. I went and got the hard plastic case for my player at the Sony store. Works great.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptnodegard View Post
Amazon is sold out, so honestly beside sony style i dont know.
Actually I got all my Sony accessories from B&H Photo. They have a better prices than Sony direct, an even better prices than Amazon when you factor in the shipping. (Some items on Amazon are third party so no free shipping)

Here are some examples: The S610 Hard Plastic Case, the A810 Hard Plastic Case , and the Sony610/801 Dock/Cradle

NOTE: BTW... I originally ordered this AC Adapter from Amazon for $39 (just the adapter) When I saw that B&H had the Sony Dock/Cradle for the same price I immediately canceled the Amazon order and got the dock from B&H. The dock is a lot more versatile... making it a better value for the money. I love it. In fact I went looking to buy the cradle after reading this review. (NOTE: As you might guess...for $39 it sells out frequently but B&H always get them back in so don't give up)

FYI: To easiest way to shop B&H is to find the manufacturers part number of the item you want (in this case on the Sony web site), then use it to search B&H. I ordered my stuff on Monday and it was delivery the same week.

Also... Although I'm not a fan of the Silicone cases because the display is exposed (I prefer the protection of the hard case over the screen) B&H also sells Silicone cases as well. Seen here... for both the Sony 610 or 810

Old 03-28-2008, 11:13 AM

I paid $19.95 for my hardcase. How much is shipping? If shipping is free I would not mind getting the cradle and saving $10.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
I paid $19.95 for my hardcase. How much is shipping? If shipping is free I would not mind getting the cradle and saving $10.
Sorry about the slow response. (I had to find the invoice so I could provide an accurate response).

I live in North Carolina... B&H is in New York. I purchased the hard case and the cradle at the same time so the shipped together. Total shipping and handling was $5.40

The cradle is pretty heavy so I was impressed with the low rate. To put it in perspective, earlier I was attempting to order "just the case" from Crutchfield ... (in North Carolina) but when the shipping total came up as $5.95 I canceled the order. The case doesn't weigh anything!

Old 03-29-2008, 12:35 PM

Thanks. And thanks for the site. I bookmarked it.