android
Old 01-15-2008, 06:08 PM

Default Considering buying F10 or F20 for Rockbox?

I'm considering buying an F10 or F20 for use with rockbox. I take it that I can use high end audio codecs(ogg and(?) flac), video, emulators, and more. It's around 30-50$, depending on where the bidding ends. Is it worth it and is it hard to get it on for someone who's not too familiar with this type of stuff? And btw does the player bookmark?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-15-2008, 06:20 PM

Here's all the Gigabeat info, including installation: http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie...GigabeatFXPort

Here's what the Gigabeat Rockbox port supports: http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WhyRockbox

Basically, "yes" to all your questions.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:35 PM

Ok thanks as always...Probably gunna get a 20gb for ~50$.

Are the emulator controls that intuitive or are there other players it would be easier on? E250 or H10 or iPod photo?

Old 05-09-2008, 12:28 AM

Gigabeat is by far the best target for Rockbox , it has the most powerful processor and a brilliant screen..all for a budget price..

Old 08-18-2008, 06:34 PM

The Gigabeat is one of the better platforms for Rockbox. It will decode almost every file format realtime (except some monkey files) and decodes video at full rate. It has the fastest CPU of any supported player and almost every feature of Rockbox works on it. I've yet to crash mine except in Doom due to a bug with 90deg screen rotation.