android
Old 01-26-2008, 07:17 PM

Default Sansa View Cover Art

I can't seem to get my cover art to show up while I'm playing the song

I've gotten ONE to work, and I don't know how I did it. I know it may seem stupid, but i'm kinda OCD about having cover art (or album art)

Anyone know how to get it to show?

Secondary question: How do you get the pre-installed music off?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-27-2008, 12:43 PM

Ok, the cover art, i had the same problem i finally figured it out. (after 3 weeks). If you use WMP 11 you have to find the cover art and place it in the square, then when you sync it will come with the song. 2nd option is to drag and drog .JPEG format cover art into the song's folder, that also worked for me. For the pre-installed music you have to plug the sansa view into the computer using MSC mode, then open it in explorer and delete all the songs.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:32 PM

As far as I know all album art pics must be named "Album Art.jpg" in order for them to work. It seems like they can be almost any size. The largest one I have on my VIEW right now is 945x945.

Also in you VIEW's system setting make sure you have "Display Art in List" = On

If you click the middle button while a song is playing the VIEW will display the Album Art for a few seconds.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:14 PM

First of all: I don't have WMP 11 and can't get it since I don't have a genuine windows copy (whoops )

Second of all: I tried placing a .jpg in the folder but it doesn't seem to do anything. I'll try naming it Album Art.jpg, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the album art needs to be embedded in the ID3 tags... Which will be absolutely annoying...(2000 songs and you need to do each separately >.>)

Old 01-27-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msds1502 View Post
First of all: I don't have WMP 11 and can't get it since I don't have a genuine windows copy (whoops )

Second of all: I tried placing a .jpg in the folder but it doesn't seem to do anything. I'll try naming it Album Art.jpg, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the album art needs to be embedded in the ID3 tags... Which will be absolutely annoying...(2000 songs and you need to do each separately >.>)
You could use MediaMonkey It's very easy to tag albums. You copy the album and paste it in this album art square. A plus is that you can right click a song and click find album info from Amazon and it searches for the album info including album art. Another plus is that if you paste one album art into a song, it will save that image to all songs of that same album.
A minus is that you have 2000 songs.

Music Organizer: MediaMonkey
My Last.fm

Old 01-27-2008, 04:44 PM

Would I need to re transfer all those songs back on to the View through explorer, or can MediaMonkey do that too?

Old 01-27-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msds1502 View Post
Would I need to re transfer all those songs back on to the View through explorer, or can MediaMonkey do that too?
yeah you would. i'm pretty sure media monkey will replace the songs in your view with the new album arted songs just as long name of the song is the same in view and media monkey.

you could try putting album art onto songs from your view using media monkey maybe by going into the file tree of you view in media monkey but your computer must show hidden files.

-----EDIT: YES MediaMonkey can sync your songs onto your View----

My Last.fm

Old 01-27-2008, 07:54 PM

oh i see. I have heard that you can get WMP11 without validation. But never tried since i am running geniune windows. I think that you have to resize the photo to 250x250 because that was my size that only worked.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@ns@ rocks View Post
oh i see. I have heard that you can get WMP11 without validation. But never tried since i am running geniune windows. I think that you have to resize the photo to 250x250 because that was my size that only worked.
I think this would work: pull out internet cable out of the back of your computer and install WMP 11..it won't be able to contact Microsoft or w.e.. Might not work if you have a Windows Genuine Advantage thingy that say your computer is not genuine.

I have a Sana e280 and my album art files have to be under 32kb so 250x250 works for me but i dunno bout the View

My Last.fm

Old 01-28-2008, 01:16 AM

Just drag and drop "Album Art.jpg" to the correct album folder, this always works for me.
I checked the properties of my Album Art.jpg's and they have no associations or ID3 tags.

It seems the VIEW is both FOLDER and ID3 tag sensitive. For example: if you paste a song directly onto the VIEW it will create its own file structure based on the ID3 tags. You will notice the VIEW has now put the song under its correct Artist and Album name.
This means you could have a bunch of songs all in one folder, as long as the Id3 tags are correct for all of you songs and albums, and the VIEW will organize everything.

To me this seems a bit disorganized just to have 1 folder with all your songs in it.
My solution is to simply add a folder with the name of the band then another folder with the album names. ie Metallica\kill'em all\Ride the Lightning. (This is really only for organizational purposes) I then just drag and drop the appropriate "Album Art.jpg" to the correct folder. Thats all

Give it a shot, mabey it will work

Old 06-27-2008, 03:02 PM

Based on my testing it appears that the Sansa View ignores all ID3 art if you transfer using MSC mode. It's a real shame. I don't think the e280 had this problem.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have embedded album art and use MSC mode to transfer, and all my album art works great.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
I have embedded album art and use MSC mode to transfer, and all my album art works great.
And you're sure you didn't copy any hidden folder.jpg files along with the mp3s? Are there pixel or filesize limitations with embedded art on the View? I've tried several different albums and none of them work. Most of my art is 500x500 jpegs downloaded from Amazon and tagged with Tag&Rename.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, I am very sure. I have not seen a limit yet, but most of my embedded album art is under 200 by 200.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
Yes, I am very sure. I have not seen a limit yet, but most of my embedded album art is under 200 by 200.
Quick test:

300x300 18.4kb works
455x455 44.2kb doesn't work

Old 07-02-2008, 08:10 PM

Album art .jpg files in the Sansa players must be no bigger than 32kb in file size.

And I don't think that resolution matters...

Old 07-02-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titons View Post
Album art .jpg files in the Sansa players must be no bigger than 32kb in file size.

And I don't think that resolution matters...
? Nah, is more appropriate in regards to that limitation.

Anyways, I copied an album via MSC mode with a 76kb folder.jpg and the View did display the album art. Seems as if the limitation is mainly on ID3 art.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:10 PM

Oh yeah... sorry, forgot to mention that. When I had my cover arts embedded in the ID3 Tags on my E270, covers bigger than 32kb didn't show up, then I extracted them all, and everything was fine.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:03 AM

Default Sansa View Cover Art

i dont have wmp 11...can u plz let me about his features..so that let me also try it..

Old 11-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Does WMP11 embed the album art? Plus what size is the Album art? You can use MP3Tag to find out.