android
Old 01-30-2008, 09:53 AM

Help T10 from Best Buy or perhaps not?

I've been reading the posts here detailing the differant firmware for the Best Buy T10 vs the normal T10. Other than the Rapsody hook is there anything else in the Best Buy firmware version that is different? Best Buy has a current sale on T10's for $100 USD. A great deal, but I don't want to buy one from them if I'll always be looking for that one-off firmware upgrade. This looks like a great player, can't wait to own one.

Thanks in advance, volleydude

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-30-2008, 11:47 AM

BB often sells DAP units with 'proprietary' firmware/software.

Personally, I'd go ahead and try it out, see if that's the case, and act accordingly, i.e.

- Proprietary Firmware - Take it back!

- Standard Firmware - Great Deal/KEEP IT!

Old 01-30-2008, 09:06 PM

All the BB model T10s WILL have firmware 1.19 BB or a variation thereof of their Rhapsody firmwares. If you dont want to use Rhapsody, do not get one from Best Buy. I returned mine to them and got one from Circuit City since upgrading the BB firmwares requires you to wait for the current firmware to be recoded to BB's specs.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:01 AM

I have one of the BestBuy models myself that I picked up last weekend for the same price as you mention. If you can find it at a similar price elsewhere I would recommend staying clear of the BestBuy models. Unfortunately for me I can't get this model locally anywhere else for less than 130 USD which is what Circuit City as well as Wal-Mart currently sells it for here in Athens, GA. As far as differences in the firmwares I think it is identical to all other US models with the exception of the rhapsody. As Zolxen said though those with the BB models will be the last to get the new features implemented through firmware upgrades.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:06 PM

hey guys...I just bought a t10 yesterday at best buy...I don't understand what is the rapshody ur talking about... the firmware i had was 1.20 and i updated it for the 1.55 without problem.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:23 PM

1.20 US or 1.20 BB? And Rhapsody is Best Buy's digital music service, like Apple and its iTunes, or Napster, or MP3.com, or Walmart's online music service. Its just an online marketplace to buy songs or albums. The Best Buy version you got should have had a Best Buy branded firmware on it. I wonder if Best Buy got the message that we dont want players with specialized firmwares and finally stopped putting their own firmwares on the players.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:22 PM

Smile

I bought my T10 from Best Buy and frankly I'm extremely happy that I did.

I didn't know about Rhapsody and I freakin' LOVE it... $15 a month and you can't listen to any song you could possibly want to??? And d/l it to you Best Buy T10 to take anywhere??? That is an AMAZING steal....

Granted you can't burn any of it without buying it just like Itunes... but I hate CD's .. I'm constantly switching my music... I love trying literally hundreds of new songs/artists/styles every week...

And for $15 a month??? wow.....

Even better, the Best Buy versions gives you your first month of Rhapsody free... So try it, if you don't like it don't use it...

There has been very little delay between the Best Buy firmware release and the original release. So what if it has a little BB logo???

Seriously, I almost bought an Ipod for Itunes... wow... that would have sucked....

You can do everything with Rhapsody you can do with Itunes AND listen to every single song (ok, with a few scattered exceptions just like Itunes) for a tiny expenditure a month for what you get...

I'm surprised people are constantly bashing the BB version... I love it.

Javaslinger

Old 02-11-2008, 10:44 AM

Thanks all for your input! I ordered a white T10 through CC yesterday. I agree with Javaslinger that Rhapsody or a similar subscription service looks like a great way to go for new music, but I'll make the choice which one I subscribe to not BB. I'd be broke if I bought all the differant music I like or tried to replace my vinyl collection (why yes I AM a Flintstone). It might replace my XM radio subscription. This forum is a great resource!

Old 02-23-2008, 01:24 PM

just a question bout the t10 at bestbuy im guessing its the same in canada as in the states?