android
Old 02-16-2008, 09:03 AM

Default Power Saver

I have set the power saver at various times and unit does not turn off when activated?

When I activate this feature Sansa View does not turn off?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-16-2008, 04:00 PM

It does for me but it's only a soft off. You need to hold the power button down for 10 seconds to fully turn it off.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:07 PM

Default Power Saver

Do you mean this will automatically turn the device off after a certain time?

Old 02-21-2008, 11:45 AM

Mine shuts off after n-minutes (configurable) but only if the unit isn't doing anything (like playing music). If the unit is actively doing something, the Power Saver function is disabled, from what I can tell.

The thing that drives me crazy is that the unit turns on automatically if it senses power coming through the adapter port, but it doesn't shut off automatically when power is cut off. Would be nice to have an option setting for this.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:15 PM

Default Powe Saver

Well what really bothers me is the fact that even having this option is misleading, why would you have the player just sitting idle in the first place. Hopefully with the next software update this will change. By the way I spent an hour with the tech support and I truly believe he thought it would shut down once activated.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:26 PM

Swampfox to answer your question I use the player in the car. When I go into a store I want to pause the player and if I don't make it back in 5 minutes I want the player to shutdown, go into stand by mode or what ever the hell Sansa calls it (can you sense the frustration I am having with this?).

I am on my second one and with the power saver set to "Shut down in 5 minutes" nothing happens. My first one would work sometimes, the new ones not all. Tech support needs a new name as the ones I have talked to are idiots.