android
Old 02-01-2008, 12:14 AM

Default year doesn't show up on any of my songs (s618)?

i just got a s618 and i uploaded music and all of them have unknown where the year should be. when i play the songs in winamp they are all tagged with id3v2 and all have the year on them. i even had them sorted by year in my music folder just to make sure they were tagged right. what could be the problem?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-01-2008, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalker62 View Post
i just got a s618 and i uploaded music and all of them have unknown where the year should be. when i play the songs in winamp they are all tagged with id3v2 and all have the year on them. i even had them sorted by year in my music folder just to make sure they were tagged right. what could be the problem?
you have to use wmp

Old 02-01-2008, 10:09 PM

Use wmp to sync with your player.

Sony NWZ-A728B, Sony NWZ-A816, iPod Shuffle 1GB

Old 02-04-2008, 11:08 PM

So after I sync with wmp, do I have to recopy all my songs again?

Old 02-05-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kite7 View Post
So after I sync with wmp, do I have to recopy all my songs again?
Well if you want your player to get the dates album art any other info sync with WMP. You can drag and drop what you want into your using WMP. You can also delete fsongs on your player this way as well.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:09 AM

I'm having the same problem. But there is a BUT - only sometimes. All my MP3s/WMAs are correctly tagged. I'm using taggin software to be sure. When I enter the year to all MP3s/WMAs, in the device sometimes it's displayed, sometimes not.
I'm not the fan of WMP and I'm not using it either (not having installed LOL). I still didn't figure out why this happens, as I tried few tagging softwares and all of them are showing the same. So according to them, NO bad tag. Foobar is displaying the year correctly (which is kinda strange).
I found out that it also sometimes doesn't display the CD cover (in my MP3s, not in the folder). I also found out that the library loads the songs depending to the weather. Situation is following:
lets say I have the new XXX album. All tags are filled and when I disconnect the device, it loads the new library and I can browse the music via year filter, album filter, artist filter. But then I upload new album YYY and all tags are fine too. After the library is build, the XXX album tags are sometimes shown as "unknown" (let's say I can't browse the XXX album through the ALBUM option because it shows UNKNOWN). When I send it back to my PC, all the tags are OK.
So I think the problem is in the internal firmware, not the way you sync the music.

edit: in the manual in the FAQ, Sony says you have to sync via MTP in order to have the year tags. Which is crap, as Sony also doesn't mention in my manual that you can play WMA files with 320kb/s bitrate without any problem (they say 32-192kb/s).

Last edited by jacktalking; 03-03-2008 at 10:23 AM. Reason: just editing LOL

Old 03-03-2008, 09:21 PM

Just add the year to the tracks using WMP11. You can edit any track and add all the info you want.