android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2008, 03:53 PM

Default ything Disappeared when Unplugging USB Cable

I had plugged my SansaView 16GB into the USB charging port in my airplane's seat seatback. When I pulled the connector from the Sansa (I guess I should have unplugged the USB end instead) everything disappeared except the headings Music, Video, etc, all empty. My computer says that the storage still exists on the Sansa but I can see no sub-folders. If I connect in MSC mode all the sub-folders are labelled in hexadecimal sequence. The files have numerical names and a .dat extension.
What should I do now? I am on holiday and don't have access to the computer that holds the music library (mistake). If I have to re-format and re-install the world has not come to an end, but if there is a way to recover so that my girlfriend can listen to her music we both would be happy. Otherwise I am reduced to copying the files to my laptop and changing the extensions to wma and then letting Windows Media Player tell me who the author and album are. That will get some music back but it is time consuming and I still don't know what to do with this inaccessable material on her Sansa when I get home!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]