android
Old 02-09-2008, 11:34 PM

Default Sandisk Clip 2 GB frozen...tried everything

Okay....I need help. I have tried most things on these posts and I can't seem to get my clip to work. I was downloading music to it tonight when it froze on the SanDisk Sansa screen. I have tried resetting it by holding up the power button for 15 seconds....did not work. I have tried putting the power button in the lock position and holding down the center button while plugging into my computer...did not work. I may need to update the firmware but how can I do that if my computer won't recognize it? I get the message "USB Device not Recognized." I just got this tonight and I'm ready to take it back and not buy another Sansa product again.

Thanks in advance!

Andrea

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Have you tried hold the power for more then 15 seconds? Plus what USB mode were you using?

Just do not think all Sandisk Sansa are bad too.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:21 AM

Crickett, If you can’t get your computer to recognize it, you won’t be able to reload the firmware. There should be a recovery mode, appologies as I don't know it.... If you can't recover it, just take it back and don’t let that deter you from owning another clip, they really have excellent sq. My first Sansa product 2 years ago was defective, rma’d it and no problems to date … exchange it and enjoy

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 02-10-2008, 11:37 AM

Default Still frozen...

I have tried the 15 second hold....doesn't work. This is my second clip in less than a month and I'm getting extremely frustrated.

Andrea

Old 02-10-2008, 11:55 AM

After it's powered down, did you try this: Try to change power (left) button switch to HOLD position. Now while holding center button, using a USB cable, connect Sansa Clip to PC and the unit will be shown as a drive in My Computer. Once connected, do a manual install of the latest fw (1.01.20a, a is for American version), you can find it here.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 02-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

When my sisters froze I had to hold it down for 30 seconds not 15 seconds
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 02-10-2008, 04:15 PM

I have a couple questions - the OP states this is his second one in less than a month.

What was wrong with the first one? Anything similar? Perhaps related?

Did this one get damp or wet, or was it subjected to extreme cold after being inside (i.e. condensation)?

And have you tried connecting to it on another PC?

There is no known "recovery mode" in the Clip or any of the other "V2" Sansa players (all based on the same new chip) - and lots of people have tried many different things - including RockBox developers and other savvy types who all badly want to believe there is such a mode. Details on how the Clip deals with corrupted firmware and/or bad memory just are not available at this time, but there must be some failsafe mechanism...

Old 09-30-2009, 04:27 PM

I don't know how to fix this but this has happened to me. Once you fix it, make sure that you have clicked "safely remove hardware" before you take it out of charging

Old 09-30-2009, 04:29 PM

You do realize that this thread is over 8 months old?

Old 09-30-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
You do realize that this thread is over 8 months old?
over a year and 8 months!!

Old 09-30-2009, 04:42 PM

Ooops, 2008, not 2009. You're right!

Thread closed.

Closed Thread