android
Old 02-10-2008, 08:28 PM

Default How exactly do bookmarks work on the Zen?

Was wondering how exactly you set bookmarks on the zen and how do you play them? Do they show up visually while the file is being played? Can you use fwd and/or back to navigate between bookmarks in the same file very easily? I read you can't bookmark files on SD, any other bookmarking pros or negatives?

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-16-2008, 07:57 AM

Here's how bookmarks work on my Zen Micro, which may or may not be the same as the Zen you have. While you are playing an audiobook (or any file), click on the right (menu) button. Select "set bookmark". The next screen contains 10 bookmark slots. You can choose an empty slot or rewrite over a previous bookmark. To start play from a bookmark, choose "Bookmarks" from the main menu. That will bring up the list of 10 bookmarks; just choose the one you want. No, they do not show up visually while the file is being played. No, you can't use forward and back to navigate between bookmarks. You would just go back to the main menu and select Bookmarks again to bring them all up and make your choice.

I recently replaced my dead hard drive with compact flash, bringing my beloved Zen Micro back to life with all its bookmarking glory! I'm not sure about SD.

Good luck!

Old 02-16-2008, 02:19 PM

Bookmarking for SD and Videos on Zen shouldn't be a big problem to fix in firmware. But Creative is pretty resistant in releasing firmware updates.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:15 PM

Does the bookmark itself contain the file name and time marker, like "SternShow 1:22:30"? And can you store several bookmarks per file?

Old 03-09-2008, 10:23 PM

yes, and yes. but i dont see why you need to have several bookmarks on one file.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:00 PM

I bookmark funny sections of the radio show, so I can go back and listen to them again or write down the bookmark info.