Gapless Playback 34 37.78%
Integrating SD Slot 59 65.56%
Games 15 16.67%
Wireless Transfer / Sync 33 36.67%
Web Browser 38 42.22%
Min 3" Screen 56 62.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2008, 06:28 AM

Perhaps a regular ZEN (http://uk.europe.creative.com/produc...&product=16999) with a 3" screen, internal speaker, webbrowser, USB host, and touchpad instead of the buttons.

3" screen:
Requested.

Internal speaker:
Either that or dual headphone jacks is a must-have for movies.

Webbrowser:
Opera or equal with plug-ins would be nice with WiFi.

USB host:
Enables you to expand storage with any USB device. could also be a location to save downloaded files (hints at webbrowser ).

Touchpad:
Who honestly want to hold their finger above what their pointing at?
Just make sure it has virtual buttons like the good old ZEN Micro, it makes it feel a lot more solid.
Though it should be a full touchpad (instead of virtual arrow keys) for the webbrowser.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-24-2008, 07:04 AM

Default My Five Selections:

The Zen Share needs, among other things:

Flash Memory - this will simply allow the player to take a good beating from all that "sharing". Perhaps they should offer both flash- and HD-based versions - that is, if a HD-based player can be as sturdy as the Vision:M was (and still is, in my case), which is damn sturdy.

Integrated SD Slot - This is a must if the player is going to be flash-based. Heck, even an HD-based version should have this; it would especially be useful if it could function as a USB host, allowing fresh pictures on an SD card from a digital camera to be unloaded onto the player.

Native Video Support - The support, without conversion, of popular formats like DivX and XviD, as well as higher-resolution video, are what made past video players from Creative great. They lost this with the ZEN, and they need to restore this capability with the Share to appeal to power users.

Also, podcasted videos formatted for iPods need to be supported natively; this has been the only major drawback with the ecosystem of ZENcast Organizer combined with older video players, such as the Vision, Vision:M and Vision:W. With the new firmware, all Zunes are capable of this.

Wireless Transfer/Sync - This may seem like a novelty feature, but it's a major selling point that the new Zunes have. Better yet, Creative should one-up Microsoft by allowing users to update their podcast channels on the go using the player's Wi-Fi - something which, although it may soon be added to the Zunes' list of capabilities, is not yet featured on those devices.

Web Browser - This is important as it will simply be more liberating to consumers to have a solid portable Internet device that isn't a phone with superficial appeal and a two-year contract. Naturally, this device would only really be "solid" at web browsing if it had a decent browser (not necessarily Opera), full download capabilities onto the device, straight-up and real HTML browsing, and, of course, a high-resolution screen (meaning something comparable to or better than the iPod Touch's 480x320 screen).

Old 02-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I would like to see the return of the A/V Out jack, with full support for VGA-resolution videos

Old 02-25-2008, 06:42 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Good battery life was left out of the choices, which I think is a serious omission.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:44 AM

I would vote for better sound quality, longer battery life, and SD slot.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I would like MSC mode, too, but they might not add that.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:22 PM

Default Pwn The Ipod

Hmm I Want Atleast An 80 Gig It'd Probably Be A Hard Drive I Mean Sure I'd Love To See A Flash But That'd Probably Be Wayyy Too Much Moolah But Games Would Be Cool But Not Needed What Would Be REALLY Cool Is Web Browsing Then you Could Play Games On There We Need HD And Native Playback No Conversion BS A 3 Inch Screen Would Be Cool And I Liked The Touch Pad/ Button Combo On My Vison M I Dont Want A Touchscreen They Just Too Hard To Use When Tryin To Select You Might Hit The One Above It or What nots But What It HAS To Have Is The Voice Recorder FM And Its Customizable Wallpaper Cause Thats What Separates Zen From Ipood

No Matter What Imma Buy This Mutha Im Strictly Creative Anyways HAHA
(Sorry For The All Caps)

Old 02-27-2008, 06:45 AM

Minimum 32GB Solid State, SD Card Slot, Wireless, Email Client, Sound Quality Of The Zen, 3" Screen & more than 10hrs music playback.

I can then replace both my Zen and my Touch.

Current Collection: Sony: NWZ-A866, NWZ-A845, NWZ-X1060 Creative: ZEN(32GB), Zen Vision, Zen Micro, Zen NX, Muvo2 Sandisk: Sansa e280, Clip, Clip+, Fuze+ Rio: Carbon iRiver: T60 iPod: Nano, Shuffle Shure: SE530, SE420 SE210 & E3C.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:31 PM

160gb HD
3.5" screen
Impressive UI (iPod has stepped up a notch)
Easy to use tactile interface (ie, iRiver Clix)
Thin
FM Radio (ability to record)
Voice Recorder
Customisable EQ
Integrated Creative Technology X-FI
REASONABLY PRICED

In terms of this Wireless Trend:
- Online Radio
- Send Songs to Other Players ie iTouch, iPhone, Zune without C/Right issues

also, how much longer must we wait for this thing to come out, is it being released at CEbit?

Old 03-08-2008, 03:17 PM

I really liked the light effects on the old zen micro, maybe they can resurrect that

Old 03-08-2008, 07:13 PM

UMS! UMS! UMS! Down with the MTP tyranny!

Old 03-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djhg2000 View Post
Internal speaker:
Either that or dual headphone jacks is a must-have for movies.
umm... why don't you just go buy a headphone splitter.. they're not that much at all

Old 03-16-2008, 04:28 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
umm... why don't you just go buy a headphone splitter.. they're not that much at all
Well yeah, but it would be nice to have built in (perhaps with separate volume control?)
After all, this is a wishlist

Old 03-23-2008, 06:20 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Zen Share is based on STMP3700 squeezing the most out of this chipset. There could still be some improvements over Zen like:
- additional formats like: flash video, ogg vorbis, BMP (these can be supported with SMTP3700) even more formats may be added with good firmware
- lyrics support for ID3
- txt, rtf and even basic html viewer (webbrowser?)
- WiFi (bluetooth is rather useless)
- RDS for radio and FM recording (not crucial for me but some of us would be glad)
- Simple notepad and editing events/tasks on Zen would be nice
- at least 2 levels of zoom, at best zooming to 1:1 of photos/pictures
- basic filtering options for pictures (hue, saturation, contrast, brightness - some of these we can already use while setting wallpaper for Zen)
- bookmarks for video files (also on SD)
- I also prefer MSC over MTP
- same options for media files on SD and internal memory at least ... full internal/external memory integration at best
I'm pretty sure all of it can done with SMTP3700 chipset. I doubt Creative will implement all of the above, but who knows, maybe I'll find my Zen again ....

Old 03-29-2008, 09:35 PM

I can't wait for this thing to come out. I just started looking around for another mp3 player because my Vision M broke. So it's comin' out this month, (by Tuesday!!!)... I guess I'll wait before getting that 32gb Zen I was looking at.

Most important in no apparent order:

-80gb or more (preferably 160), OR 40 at least with a FULLY integrated SD card
-No video conversion necessary (or full divx/xvid support) + lossless files
-Web browser (i don't think this is realistic, but if it happened, wow I would get one in a second).
-Gapless playback (how can you listen to the wall without it?!?)
-Bigger screen (2.5 @ 16.7 million = great, but bigger is better!)

I definitely do not want a touch screen. Too many smudges and you can't fully protect it.

I seriously cannot wait for this to come out. Anyone have any info on when/cost n' stuff? (i asume not...)

Old 04-01-2008, 04:25 PM

just so people know, because I saw a lot of people were asking, I did a bit of quick research and found out that:
the release has been delayed to May/June, so we got a couple months to wait! Because my ZVM broke, I bought a refurbished $50 Zen V Plus until that time... argh I can't wait

Old 04-04-2008, 11:53 PM

i cant wait for this thing to come out - i got a vision m and its the best thing. I hope the price is under 450, and it comes with wi-fi.
It'd also be cool if it had messenger or something like that built in or add ons available for wi-fi. also people may hate me for this, but touch screen would be Aweome! (with tactile buttons as well)

Old 04-16-2008, 06:15 AM

Im altering my wish list to just 1 item - For this thing to exist.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:14 PM

If you go here (apparently it is a Zen fansite - http://epizenter.net/news.php) they have a lot of rumors running around about how now it is actually called the Zen X-Fi (xtreme fidelity on board?) and such. For those really exited (like me...) it's worth a read, although not all of the rumors they have sound so great.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboland View Post
If you go here (apparently it is a Zen fansite - http://epizenter.net/news.php) they have a lot of rumors running around about how now it is actually called the Zen X-Fi (xtreme fidelity on board?) and such. For those really exited (like me...) it's worth a read, although not all of the rumors they have sound so great.
yes, that website's useful.

Since you're pretty excited about it, if you get any news thats not listed Here, (right now its basically regurgitating epizenter) please contribute to what I hope to be the biggest single thread tracking the progress of Creative's rumored X-Fi, at least on ABI =)