android
Old 02-25-2008, 12:32 PM

Default Bluetooth Cutting Out At Start of Tracks

Hello all.

I bought a T10 8GB today and after a long and arduous process of:
- Failed attempt to upgrade to hacked Korean firmware resulting in Bricking
(Updating firmware loop)
- Unbricking using the D2 recovery method(using FWDN.exe - yes it works!)
- Then upgrading to Hacked Korean UMS firmware.

I still have one problem. The Bluetooth function isn't working as it should.

Every time I change tracks manually(or the player automatically changes from one track to the next) the sound cuts out for a second.

So I miss the start of every song.

It also randomly cuts out sometimes, but I've come to expect that from Bluetooth, so I can live with it.

But the 1 second cut out at the start of each new track is killing me.
It basically means I can't use the bluetooth function.(It's why I bought the %#@* thing)

Is anyone else who's using a bluetooth headset with the latest 1.55 firmware(Korean or otherwise) having the same problem?

Am I missing something?

Last edited by ItsaDoddle; 02-25-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-26-2008, 05:50 AM

Turns out the Logitech Freepulse headphones were the problem.

I tried again with a cheap and nasty Bluetooth receiver/headphone I got from Hong Kong and it works perfectly!

Also, for anyone that's bricked their T10, you CAN unbrick it using the method described here:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...d.php?p=218634

Follow steps 1 - 8 then disconnect your player and you're done.
- remember to point to the right ROM file at step 2
- you can use any firmware version you like(including Hacked Korean)
- back up your files beforehand, if possible.

It might not work the first time, but keep at it and eventually you'll get results.

Step 7 is a bit of a grey area, but I followed the posted instructions pretty much exactly(not 100% sure) and it eventually worked.

I haven't thoroughly tested the results of the procedure but my T10 seems to be working as it's supposed to.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:24 PM

Latest Results:

The method I've described above can be used to upgrade your firmware.
I've done it about 10 times in the last week(changing between MTP EU and Hacked UMS Korean).

It works like a charm!

The reason it only worked sometimes initially was because I wasn't always using the USB port I had it connected to when I originally configured FWDN.EXE.

Just make sure to always use the same USB port you used when originally configuring the FWDN.EXE program.(That's the USB port for which the FWDN.EXE USB drivers are installed)

All you people with Best Buy proprietary firmware, TRY IT!
I'm betting it'll "restore" your T10 to original Samsung specs.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:38 AM

Thank you so much, ItsaDoddle! Just upgraded my european firmware 1.29 directly to korean 2.0! (Yes, NO hacked firmware whatsoever!) Lyrics included, nice! ;-) Thanx once again. Now if anyone would help me with the album art for OGGs. That would be excellent.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:06 AM

wow this worked...i had the bestbuy version and now i have the korean 2.0 firmwarre...cool

Old 04-18-2008, 10:02 AM

Smile T10 and FreePulse

I purchased the T10 and the FreePulse on the same day, and I noticed the exact same problems with my pairing...really annoying. I found that if I kept my head straight ahead while walking, the music doesn't cut out as much; but I fear crashity-death from cars at crosswalks. I'm going to try one of the Sony Bluetooth headphones and/or the Motorola BT offerings shortly. I really didn't want to return the T10, so I hope it's just that. Thanks for giving me hope!

Old 04-21-2008, 12:22 PM

Smile Follow-up T10 and FreePulse

Decided to return the Logitech FreePulse and purchased the Motorola S9. Aside from a strange pitch bending sound (which may be endemic to all Bluetooth headphones, but I'm not sure at this point) the quality is much better. It still cuts out outside a little bit, but mostly if it's moving around a lot. I found that clipping it to my belt, on the side, I get less motion interference. I still wish things were perfect, but the T10 with the S9 is certainly better.