android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Encoding Video for the Zen

Hi all. Just registered. Received my 4GB Zen in the mail today and it sure does look sweet.

first off a complaint:

The USB cable, what a joke? The player now hangs in the cable from my comp, lucky its so lightweight...

The bundle: A highly glossy surfaced device, normally you get some sort of pouch with it for protection... but oh wait, those are "cool accessories" priced at 15+ a pop....

Anyway, the screen looks amazing, menus are easy to naviagte, buttons are tactile (but wheres the lit buttons?? Even the puny and cheap Zen V has this...)

Tried to encode a video using the bundled software... "codec missing" bla bla bla... its a regular Xvid... also tried a Simpsons ep... wouldnt take. What a crappy software..

Downloaded SUPER now... (ugliest homepage in the world?), its encoding, will see how it works, has anyone got the best settings for Zen videos to share, please do

Anyway, I will most likely order the protective plastic skin for the player, cause i wanna keep it looking as great as it does now... looking forward to using this on the next longhaul flight or car ride... until then it will be in service as an mp3 player.

I got a SD card for it, will try that out later tonight.

over and out

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]