android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen > Zen Video

Old 03-26-2008, 04:14 PM

I declare BobbyRS king of the internet!

the Super --> AVC --> Zen worked perfectly!

i have to go do some stuff with my kids but i cant wait to check out the online method later today. not having to DL programs to my computer would be prefferable to DL a bunch of programs from unknown sources. however, if i hadnt gone through all of this i would not have learned about converting .flv files and you might not have found the online converter.

i hope others can benefit from this.

edit #1:

i tried using the online mediaconvert BobbyRS linked for us.

after the site told me the video was converted it took me to another page that stayed blank for too long. but the interface was very easy to use.

i think i will stick with using the super/avc one two punch. dont know why ot works but it works pretty well. plus it is very easy to play with the settings and go through some trial and error to see what works the best. but i will try put the online one at various times of the day and see if it works any differently.

Edit #2:

i got a chance to try the online Media Convert again. tried it with a 7 min. youtube video that was giving me trouble with the audio and video again despite using the super/avc combo. just wasnt working out and i kept getting error messages and was unable to complete the transfer to the zen. media convert got it right on the first try. total time was about 8-10 minutes from the start of the conversion to the final transfer to the Zen.

Last edited by greg donovan; 03-26-2008 at 09:05 PM. Reason: i am still fiddling.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-26-2008, 04:27 PM

i just noticed that the Adrian Heatherington video is now 2 seconds LONGER when it is listed on the Zen!

i think i can live with that.

i think part of the problem with the video was that it is using slow motion, still videos and normal speed footage shot with professional tv cameras, consumer grade camcorders and in car bullet cameras. there is one little blip of tiling but i think that is from the incar footage when the car has the very hard hit after the big jump.

combine that with no people on camera talking so it is nearly impossible to tell if the video and audio are out of synch untill the very end.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg donovan View Post
I declare BobbyRS king of the internet!

the Super --> AVC --> Zen worked perfectly!

Quote:
edit #1:after the site told me the video was converted it took me to another page that stayed blank for too long. but the interface was very easy to use.
Yes, it did this to me after using it a few times. It doesn't stay blank, it just takes longer for the page to load for some reason.... eventually it comes up if you wait.

Quote:
Edit #2:

i got a chance to try the online Media Convert again. tried it with a 7 min. youtube video that was giving me trouble with the audio and video again despite using the super/avc combo. just wasnt working out and i kept getting error messages and was unable to complete the transfer to the zen. media convert got it right on the first try. total time was about 8-10 minutes from the start of the conversion to the final transfer to the Zen.
I am really liking it too! I forgot to mention that it only took one time to convert the problem video you and I were working on. If you got a good internet connection for the uploads/downloads, it is a great alternative! I'm very impressed with it.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:08 PM

hey there , got a problem , normaly i understand what im doing but now...
yesterday i convertet a .flv file into wmv , and put it on the zen , the vid starts playing , but the screen stays black...
dont got these problems with converting any other formats ...

Old 03-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcelsWayOfLife View Post
hey there , got a problem , normaly i understand what im doing but now...
yesterday i convertet a .flv file into wmv , and put it on the zen , the vid starts playing , but the screen stays black...
dont got these problems with converting any other formats ...
Is it the first time you have tried converting to a WMV? Did you notice if the video played black on the screen before you copied it over to the Zen? What version of WMP do you have installed?

Old 03-29-2008, 07:24 AM

no i've been converting other file types like avi into wmv , works great.
and the video was black on the pc, too.
wmp version 11

Old 03-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcelsWayOfLife View Post
no i've been converting other file types like avi into wmv , works great.
and the video was black on the pc, too.
wmp version 11
What converter program are you using? Try using the online converter (doesn't require any new software to install and works really good) and the settings from this post and see if it works correctly:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...5&postcount=38

Old 03-29-2008, 11:50 AM

i used any video converter , thats why ive posted my prob in thisa thread

Old 03-29-2008, 06:45 PM

@MarcelsWayOfLife
I had the exact same issue. FLV files showed black for video but audio was there on PC and Zen. I think it has something to do with DirectShow and/or video drivers maybe. I rebooted my PC and everything was back to normal. Hadn't happened before and hasn't happened since. [shrug]

Old 04-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

MarcelsWayOfLife: any update?

Zen FAQ

Old 04-06-2008, 07:04 AM

I actually use Mediacoder to transcode videos to my ZEN.
Sometimes my videos don't get working when I convert then to AVI. The problem is not on the CODEC, but on the avi container.
To solve that, I just used Mux_GUI. It produces valid avi files on my zen.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:17 PM

no , no updates , it still wont work , i think i`ll try to convert the files to avi first and then to wmv , see if that works

Old 04-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Did you try *******************?

Zen FAQ

Old 04-26-2008, 01:36 AM

I've added a video to the program, but the only place i could see where i might change the video code, it doesn't allow me to edit. I only see how to edit video aspect and video bitrate(it's currently at 8k). Anyone help me out with how to change the conversion settings?

Old 05-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Zander: which program are you using?

Zen FAQ

Old 05-19-2008, 02:48 PM

Does someone know what I am doing wrong?

Using AVC
Trying to convert an avi to wmv.. but it goes totally out of sync even when playing in windows... Cant seem to get it to work.

Converting to AVi goes perfect.. but the avi goes out of sync on my Zen but not in Windows?

Old 05-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Does the source AVI file play without sync issues? What settings are you using in AVC?

Zen FAQ

Old 05-20-2008, 03:44 AM

Yes the source AVI is perfect.

I used all settings.. WMV8 and WMV9, different bitrates. Pretty much everything I could use.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

All settings..... Like what?

I think part of the problem is that AVC (free version) doesn't allow for you to adjust the audio bitrate (I think it defaults to 64k) or codec version when creating WMV's unless you purchase the Pro version. If you can't get the A/V to sync correctly by manipulating the video codec, video bitrate, and audio A/V sync settings when creating a WMV file, then I would say the AVC (free version) will not cut it for you. I would look into either purchasing the Pro version or using a different program all together.

Personally, I would try another (free) program before purchasing the Pro version since it may not be a guarantee that it will work in the Pro version either; until you can confirm which settings you need.... but at that point, why bother paying for a program if you've found a free program that works. It's your call.

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 05-20-2008 at 01:56 PM.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:35 PM

Thanks for the replies! Im using MediaCoder now and it works perfect.. thanks for the help..

If anyone else still has sync issues.. just try MediaCoder and convert your avi's to WMV with it, and your Zen plays them perfect.