android
Old 02-28-2008, 11:15 AM

Default How do I view battery life on PC?

I did it the other day but can't do it again... What steps do I take to see the battery life window while it's plugged into my PC?

I think I may have accidently deleted an icon from My Computer, I have one for the Zen now but I remember there being 2 when I first used it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguy111 View Post
I did it the other day but can't do it again... What steps do I take to see the battery life window while it's plugged into my PC?

I think I may have accidently deleted an icon from My Computer, I have one for the Zen now but I remember there being 2 when I first used it.
Make sure you have the box checked to "Show my player as a portable media device in my computer" under the "Tools" tab while in the "Settings and Information" section (listed under "Others") in the Zen Media Explorer.

Once you see the Zen (Usually "My Zen" by default) under Windows Explorer (and usually just above "Zen Media Explorer), right click on it to get a sub-menu to appear and select "Properties" from it. The Windows that appears next will show you the current charge on the battery of the Zen. Keep in mind sometime this displays an inaccurate percentage and sometime doesn't update correctly.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:29 AM

That did it, I must have unchecked the box when I was fiddling around before. I feel like an idiot for asking but this was driving me crazy. Thanks!

Old 02-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. Don't feel like an idiot. It was a legitimate question. I'm sure there are and will be others wanting to know the same.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:23 PM

So even when the Zen is fully charged, the lighting bolt and the green battery will still flash? There is never a 'fully charged' message displayed on the unit?

Old 02-29-2008, 06:56 PM

There's a real need for some good FAQs ...

Old 02-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzkill View Post
So even when the Zen is fully charged, the lighting bolt and the green battery will still flash? There is never a 'fully charged' message displayed on the unit?
When the Zen is fully charged, the flashing lightening bolt on the battery will change to a power plug and stop flashing. The blue light on the power/hold button will also stop flashing and stay a constant blue.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
When the Zen is fully charged, the flashing lightening bolt on the battery will change to a power plug and stop flashing. The blue light on the power/hold button will also stop flashing and stay a constant blue.
Well, I've checked properties once right after this icon appeared. And it said something 97%, I had to wait a while before it reached full 100% (seems like Zen was still charging).

Old 02-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdr View Post
Well, I've checked properties once right after this icon appeared. And it said something 97%, I had to wait a while before it reached full 100% (seems like Zen was still charging).
Yeah, I've noticed the delay. Most of the time it appears to not even update at all for me.