android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung K3 / K5

Old 04-15-2008, 07:47 PM

Default having trouble with it still...

I have been trying to fix my k3 with the instructions provided. When i tried to update it, it said something about me already having the latest version installed( 3.09- i was installing 3.05). Does anyone have a clue as to what i can do to just restore it back to how i bought it.. i really don't care for upgrading it to korean 4.09 or whatever.. i just want to be able to see my user interface (i am currently having a white screen that only shows the eq- no names or anything )
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-08-2008, 09:20 AM

sh1bbles I'm pretty sure the only way to fix your problem is to reinstall (any version of) the firmware.

Quote:
it said something about me already having the latest version installed
try using the instructions on the first page again. If there is a bit you don't understand just ask.

I recommend installing the 4.06 firmware. 4.10 if you can't find it. I'm using 4.10

Old 05-08-2008, 05:34 PM

Trying to find a manual copy of 3.05, but the link on the other thread is dead, only the Auto one works, and it won't work for this method... anyone have a link to the 3.05 .rom and .img files only?

Thanks (still stuck on 3.09 and trying to follow the instructions)

Old 05-12-2008, 02:22 PM

Help! Everything was going smooth until I went to reset it the second time into Recovery Mode. At that time the screen faded like the first time, but then it started to load up, the Samsung logo appeared (like a normal boot up, not like the original Recovery Mode) followed by Upgrade Failed, Invalid Image File. I tried the next step of using the tcctool a second time, but the window popped up for a split second then went away. The Samsung logo didn't appear after. Now no updates load (except back to 4.10), and I can only get a teal screen after the Samsung logo.

What happened? What can I do?

I was trying to go downgrade from 4.10 to 3.09 if that matters?

Old 05-12-2008, 03:26 PM

For everyone looking for 3.05 it can be found at http://uk.samsungplay.com/index.jsp

Old 05-12-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevvv View Post
Trying to find a manual copy of 3.05, but the link on the other thread is dead, only the Auto one works, and it won't work for this method... anyone have a link to the 3.05 .rom and .img files only?

Thanks (still stuck on 3.09 and trying to follow the instructions)
I feel so DUH!!! I finally looked at the Samsung site and found it :-)

Thanks Mitsu anyway.

Once mine did the TealBlue screen I treated it like it had got to step 7 here:
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14516
and continued that process (steps 3 & 4 etc)

So I am delighted to have mine working in 4.03, because now I can drag n drop files like a regular usb drive, and it plays ogg's ;-)

Old 05-13-2008, 08:27 AM

So I have went through the process multiple times, and nothing. I get to this stage:

"the K3 will show the Samsung logo and boot into the chosen firmware."

But no matter what firmware I used it doesn't boot, the Samsung logo appears, then goes black, my computer doesn't acknowledge there is anything plugged in to the USB and only a reset will cause my K3 to do anything. But then I lose whatever was booted and am back to 4.10 firmware.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:29 PM

Mitsuholic, I think you're doing the
Code:
tcctool -d ypk3 C:\YPK3.rom
command wrong

you have to change the "C:\YPK3.rom" bit to the exact location of the rom file on your hard drive, if you're pointing it the the wrong/null file it won't be able to boot anything.

copy what the exact command you are entering into 'run' in your next post if this doesn't help you.

Good luck.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:43 AM

I copied the rom to the C: directory, so it is the right location, and it attempts to load the rom. Because if it was the wrong file, it would stay in recovery mode correct?

Old 05-14-2008, 07:21 PM

No idea. I never tried loading a file that didn't exist before. It was just a guess.

Have you tried loading a different rom?

Just out of curiosity, why is it you want to change your firmware from 4.10? I have a hard time comprehending why anyone would prefer MTP over UMS.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:15 AM

Browsing via tags, obviously.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:45 AM

I have tried loading every rom I have (1.04, 3.05, 3.09, 4.03, 4.10) and they all do the same thing. And yes, I would like back tag support, not a huge deal, but would come in more handy then folder browsing does. Oh well, I won't lose any sleep over it, thanks for the help.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:29 AM

I got a huge problem.

First i got the K3 with the 3.09 Firmware. I followed the Instructions very carefully using TCCtool. But everytime i want to flash i got the "invalid image file size" Error.

The Problem is that Windows finds the K3 only as MTP Player, if i boot another Image like 4.03 it doesnt appears as a changeable drive.

What can i do? If i start the Player without the USB Cabel i got only a turquoise Screen.....

Is the Player fuck** up?

Old 05-18-2008, 09:09 AM

MASH, when you boot 4.03 try going to your device manager (right click my computer-->properties-->hardware-->device manager) and check if it is showing up there, it should show as a removable storage device. If it's there try right clicking on it and uninstalling it. This should make your computer re-install it when you next plug it in/boot 4.03 firmware.

You are using XP right?

As long as your K3 works in USB I believe it is fixable.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:05 PM

Default still got the problem

hey people,

i have the samsung k3JAB, and wanted to upgrade to 4.10. After moving the rom and img files to the mp3, it reported that the upgrade was failed, and it said to delete 18mb, so i formatted it, and wanted to go back to what it was before, which was 3.5. So i downloaded thr drivers for that, and it wouldnt upgrade, keeps telling me that the upgrade was failed, and then a blue screen comes up.I followed the steps and it still wouldn't work?

any suggestions? or do i just get a new 1 becoz am still under warranty.

smit.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:14 PM

smitfraud, did you actually install version 4.10? when exactly did this blue screen start appearing?

The steps should still work when it's giving a blue screen. If you can't manage to install 3.05 try 3.09 - using 3.05 as the 'old' firmware.
If you can't manage that (I've never actually done it) - it's definitely possible to install 4.10 from having a blue screen (done this).

Good luck!

Old 05-20-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sab0o View Post
MASH, when you boot 4.03 try going to your device manager (right click my computer-->properties-->hardware-->device manager) and check if it is showing up there, it should show as a removable storage device. If it's there try right clicking on it and uninstalling it. This should make your computer re-install it when you next plug it in/boot 4.03 firmware.

You are using XP right?

As long as your K3 works in USB I believe it is fixable.
Yeah, it works!!!! Thanks Sab0o

Old 05-20-2008, 11:37 PM

It did? Nice one. , glad i could help.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:05 PM

Cool possibly helpful...

Hi folks!

Thanks for the guide, Sab0o... Once I followed it to the letter, it worked great.

What worked for me (finally!), as I was stuck in 3.09 mode, was to first fully downgrade to 3.05 (using it both with TCCtool to boot, and then formatting, then copying the same ROM & IMG file into the "music" folder as the MTP doesn't allow it anywhere else... wonderful design!).

Then, with 3.05 working, I simply dumped the 4.06 ROM & IMG into the "music" folder, unplugged, restarted the K3 and "upgrading firmware..." happened without a hitch.

Major pain-in-the-butt stuff these Samsung folks have us deal with, just to change how the toy works. Clearly the work of people who DON'T USE THE DEVICES!

Peace.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASH View Post
I got a huge problem.

First i got the K3 with the 3.09 Firmware. I followed the Instructions very carefully using TCCtool. But everytime i want to flash i got the "invalid image file size" Error.

The Problem is that Windows finds the K3 only as MTP Player, if i boot another Image like 4.03 it doesnt appears as a changeable drive.

What can i do? If i start the Player without the USB Cabel i got only a turquoise Screen.....

Is the Player fuck** up?
I have had exactly the same problem But i could fix it back to V. 3.09 (back to the (bad and stupid) roots.)

Download V.3.09 again ( V3.09 download )

Format the k3 and unpack it and put the .rom and one .img file into the data directory.

start it and you should got back to V. 3.09.

Tags
firmware, samsung