Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Default Pre-Sales questions about playlists and their creation.

A couple of things I want to know about due to me having some bad luck with a new player I just bought and how it deals with playlists, or more like doesnt deal with them.

On the Zen can I do any of the following:

1) Most important: Can I make dynamic playlists? For example, if I am playing a random song and all of a sudden thing "Man, I wish I could play some ____ next" can I go to a certain track and add it to play immediately after the one that I am currently hearing? I don't want to have to switch modes or go to a different folder, I just want it to play next. If I am listening to one CD but then want something completely different to come next can I get that other song to come on after what I am listening to or will it be added to some other playlist in some other section of the player that I will have to navigate to in order to get myself out of the current list of songs I am listening to?

2) Now the less important stuff. Can I save playlists that I create on the player or will they be wiped out when I turn it off?

2.a) Can the playlists be named if they can be saved?

2.b) Can playlists be re-ordered?

3) Can playlists be made when the player is hooked up to my PC in a simple way?

4) What playlist formats are supported?

5) Does the ZEN use MTP or MSC to transfer music? Can I switch between then? Can I just drag and drop stuff onto the player?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]