android
Old 03-19-2008, 08:05 PM

Anytime. I so rarely get to flex my geek muscles these days.

And I'll remember that clockwise is down next time. I hope. Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-19-2008, 08:10 PM

Even if you dont... Just keep fiddling with it til it moves... And if you screw it up, hey... It's not your iPod

Old 03-19-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomo View Post
And if you screw it up, hey... It's not your iPod
I like how you think!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:04 PM

Default Hey Anomo

Can I have your ZVM adapter (or will you sell it to me cheap?).

Old 03-20-2008, 05:10 AM

Yea adoniscat, I have it listed on e-bay for €15, PM me and I'll send you the link =]

Old 03-20-2008, 07:21 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Anomo, I can't help laughing at your new adventures of your iPod, you newb.

As for putting your music on your player, I strongly suggest iTunes. IMO it's the best software to manage music and after using it for awhile it's pretty much transparent. There is a setting for iTunes to not autosync so you can drag and drop much the way you did this with your ZVM.

I also think once you get used to the click wheel you will think it's not as bad as what you are presently experiencing.

Please feel free to PM me if you gave any questions.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:11 PM

agree...if you're going over to the dark side, might as well go all the way with it. As long as you have an iPod, iTunes will be really great for you.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:39 PM

I'm sticking with MediaMonkey Gold... It's pretty much doing everything iTunes does...

I am really not comfortable with the interface of iTunes... Don't ask me why, we just didn't click!

On the rare occasion that I'll be uploading video/pics onto my iPod I may just d'n'd, and make life easier for myself. As for now, MediaMonkey Gold and I are getting on fine =]

Old 03-23-2008, 05:30 AM

Ok time for the real question

DO YOU LIKE YOUR iPOD?

Old 03-23-2008, 05:27 PM

i would have paid $250 for an 80gb ipod that's a great price. i have the 30gb vision m and paid $200 (99) for it brand new over a year or so ago. it was the last one in the store and in pink so they reduced it haha. i'm probably one of the only men with a pink one haha. but i still love it :] especially because it was so cheapppp =)

Old 03-24-2008, 10:56 AM

I do not like the iPod... its too basic or something... I dunno, I miss my ZV:M

Old 03-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

But how does YOUR iPod sound compared to the ZVM?

Old 03-26-2008, 12:54 PM

I wouldn't know MH because it refuses to play the tracks i've sync'd to it using MediaMonkey

So I downloaded iTunes to format the iPod and start again

iTunes then retagged ALL my music... So I've spent the last 2 days un-doing all the evil work iTunes has done

Old 03-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Yeah, unfortunately, only iTunes is currently the only application that will work well with the Classic.
I wish you would have taken my advice sooner....Sheeeecsh.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomo View Post
iTunes then retagged ALL my music... So I've spent the last 2 days un-doing all the evil work iTunes has done
I am so sorry. It did that to me, and I should have warned you. Please don't hurt me...?

Mp3-tag worked really well to bulk-tag everything back to what I wanted it to be. But it was lots of hard work. Yuck. iTunes sucks just for that single thing--it should have warned me and asked for permission before re-tagging the files.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:31 PM

Its okay... 2days and a lot of cursing later and I've it all fixed, and sync'd!

It all started when me and iTunes hooked up... Shortly afterwards by accident rather than design we had an iPod, life was good...

Then iTunes caught me cheating on it with MediaMonkey Gold and refused to let me spend time with my iPod... iTunes was so mad at me it went through all of my stuff, renaming things, randomly adding album art and whatnot... It almost drove me to the point of insanity. And yeah I'll admit I cursed at it, maybe even threatened it a little... But we sat down together for 2days straight, sorted some stuff out. I made iTunes look at itself and its behaviour...

We've finally worked things out I'm happy to report. And once again life is good

Old 03-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Glad to see your music is all sorted, Anomo. I am curious to find out how it sounds compared to the ZVM. The main reason I want to know is because I don't hink my iPod sounds much different than my H320, and that player has been recognized as one of the best DAPs ever assembled.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:04 AM

Well I'm using my iPod with my Creative Labs EP-630's

In my honest opinion I think its the 'phones that make the difference and not the player.

In a bid to get my iPod to work with music sync'd from MM I converted all my songs into .mp3 VBR ~160 kbps - High Quality [i'm literally copying that from MM, I have no idea what it means] Certainly its made a difference to the quality of the songs. Some were .FLAC some where .ogg and .wma... Okay at the end of the day the iPod still wouldn't play the sync'd songs no matter what format they were in, but they sound great when I play them using iTunes on the laptop before I ever got to hear them on the iPod

From using the stock 'phones you get with it, and then switching to my EP-630's I've noticed a massive difference!! So I'm sticking by my opinion that the 'phones are what make it count the most before you ever consider the DAP. But then again I wouldn't be very into what bitrate and whatever the music is encoded into [that probably makes absolutely NO sense, and apologies if it doesn't] but you get what I mean. Once the music sounds good I have no reason to complain, no matter what DAP its played on. I hope this answers your question MH

Old 03-29-2008, 12:06 PM

I've got an ipod nano that was given to me and i don't think it sounds as good as my vision:M. When using good phones, v-moda vibes, on both the nano doesn't have the same bass as the vision:M. And when i turn bass boost on, on the nano it often gets distorted. I do agree that as long as it's a good song it doesn't matter what it's being played on but i would still much rather use my vision:M and do use it a lot more, this is also a reason why i don't like the ipods, i know that this forum is not to hate ipods etc. but it annoys me a bit that it's so much more popular and so many people would rather have it when in most cases it's an inferior product. The ipod only comes out when the vision:M hasn't got any battery. I do love the way that the ipod and iTunes work together though, i really wish my vision:M had that with WMP or Creative media source.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:26 PM

iTunes = evil!

I had* a lot of music, and they were all at different bitrates and what-not which i found made the quality of the sound SUCK no matter what i used to play them [note: I used both my Sony Ericsson W580i phone and an old Creative labs MuVo player in between breaking my ZV:M and getting the iPod working, let alone using my laptop... so i've listened to those songs on multiple players]

I guess its really about what you consider good quality sounding music and what i consider... also some people are more sensitive to good/bad quality sound than others...

So far my only faults with the iPod are its inability to play music sync'd from anything other than iTunes. No backlight on the click-wheel. iTunes. iTunes. iTunes. And of course evil iTunes.

After that the battery life is FAR superior to that of my ZV:M and thats with the brightness up at 100%, not putting it on hold etcetcetc...

But the iTunes issue REALLY makes me hate the iPod! Those who have used, and been screwed over by iTunes will understand my hatred for that programme! Words actually cannot express how much i hate it!

*I say had because tonight I just got rid of the guts of 25Gb of music I have, and will never, listen to! And since when did my post turn into a rant about iTunes stupid iTunes!