android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen

Old 03-08-2008, 02:34 AM

Default The Creative Zen Craked Open (Actual Discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoTen View Post
Well Done Video! Nicely put together or should I say "taken apart"

So when you saw the battery did it look fairly easy to replace? Also the LCD, is it something one could purchase from an outside source and replaced? I am aware that the Internal Flash memory is soldered to the board so upgrading internal flash is not possible, however with the videos you posted it seems as though the LCD & the LitI battery could be replaced if needed. The challenging part is finding the right sources for replacement parts that would fit the Zen.

Maybe as a collective group we should keep our eyes peeled for Vendors that would sell replacement Lith I 3.6 V Polymer batteries & LCD's

As an unbiased side note I am glad that we can all use whatever resources we have at our dispossal to provide cooperative information & support to the entire member base of this forum who rely on one anothers contributions and feedback to enrich our experience with our PMP's. For that i am glad to be a part of these types of web based forums, that aim to serve community of consumers and in a better way than any company could ever do.

Thanks again for an informative resource for Creative fans.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-08-2008, 02:56 AM
ABI Founder

Default The Creative Zen Craked Open (Actual Discussion)

The battery is soldered down and you may need to desolder the foil shield to get to the lcd connector. As far as getting parts, that may be tricky.

One of our members runs a store that sells zen replacement parts. Doesnt look like he had Zen screens but he may have the connects to get them http://www.aerozbooks.com/

Hopefully he will pop into this thread and help out.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Banned

I do not currently stock parts for the Zen itself because it is was so recently released, but I can get the parts in stock should anyone need them. Just post in this thread or IM me and I can get some for you within 1-2 weeks.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If a battery becomes available PLEASE let us know (higher capacity to solve the uneven battery time we all experience).

Old 03-12-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post
If a battery becomes available PLEASE let us know (higher capacity to solve the uneven battery time we all experience).
Quick firmware fix to turn off screen w/o locking and to set standby mode optional would improve battery as well.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdr View Post
Quick firmware fix to turn off screen w/o locking and to set standby mode optional would improve battery as well.
If creative will ever be so kind to do so with an update. I'd be saved the trouble of even CONSIDERING opening the Zen and screwing the whole thing up! You hit the nail on the moving head!!!

Old 03-13-2008, 09:52 AM

You're right, it's annoying but such an easy fix depends on Creative's kindness ... I use the player for some time and still I sometimes forget to lock the screen.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I notice after half the battery is already drained,........... Damn you Creative!!!