Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Default Zen Font Size

Hello, first post here.

Been looking at a few players (I watch for the reviews here and dpreview for years) and am thinking of finally replacing my Creative Zen. (the old 20gb HD White one) While that unit still works for me quite well, it's not good for "where" I use it. I have it hardwired into the Alpine 9487 in my M3. Great sound! But that screen is almost impossible to read while driving. (small fonts, no contrast, black fonts on blue background)

I've been thinking about the Zune 80, it has large fonts, great contrast, and that 80gb is sweet. (being able to wireless synch when I pull into the garage is cool too, though I generally keep the majority of my media on the player)

The Zen 32 though looks cool, I like the idea of the no HD (though my old Zen has been rock solid, and know that my car has track springs/shocks/sways/etc, I can tell what side is heads when I run over a dime! ) it's small size form factor, etc. But having not seen one I have no idea if my old eyes (am 48) could make out that small screen at a glance....

Any thoughts? I'll try to see one, I imagine Circuit City carrys them....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]