android
Old 04-07-2008, 02:42 PM

To add to silverraven's info, I can confirm that WMDRM and Audible files work fine on the player for which they were enabled even from a card. I say fine, but not perfect because, if you add Audible files to the card using other means (card reader or such) then they usually refuse to play until you have played (even for just a few seconds) an Audible file from the internal memory. I've taken to keeping books and music on the player and videos on a 4GB card. With my conversion settings, that means a whole season of a TV show or 4 to 5 movies. The smaller number of larger (video) files helps with start up time too, since the player has fewer external files to index.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-08-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalq View Post
To add to silverraven's info, I can confirm that WMDRM and Audible files work fine on the player for which they were enabled even from a card. I say fine, but not perfect because, if you add Audible files to the card using other means (card reader or such) then they usually refuse to play until you have played (even for just a few seconds) an Audible file from the internal memory. I've taken to keeping books and music on the player and videos on a 4GB card. With my conversion settings, that means a whole season of a TV show or 4 to 5 movies. The smaller number of larger (video) files helps with start up time too, since the player has fewer external files to index.
Thanks for the info Silverraven and Digitalq. So it is best to transfer via the Pilot, not a card reader.

Okay now where can I get some TV shows online to download to the Pilot? Overdrive library's movies work great, just extremely slow to download. What settings do you use? I don't think I can change Overdrive's size, but with Media Converter 2 do you change something for other videos?

Old 04-08-2008, 08:14 PM

FWIW - I can D/L TV shows directly to the Pilot from Amazon Unbox. Of course, they cost ~$2/episode. But for that price you get a full resolution copy for playback via PC and a "portable" version that can be transferred directly to the Pilot from within the Unbox player/manager interface (i.e., no conversion needed and Unbox automatically recognizes the pilot and puts it in the Video folder using either internal memory or the SD card (your choice). A 60-minute show is approximately 200MB, WMA file.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo3 View Post
Okay now where can I get some TV shows online to download to the Pilot? Overdrive library's movies work great, just extremely slow to download. What settings do you use? I don't think I can change Overdrive's size, but with Media Converter 2 do you change something for other videos?
You get movies from Overdrive? Oh, I'm jealous!! As far as I know I only get audio books.
S

Old 04-21-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Quote from page 31 of the Pilot .pdf file, "If you are using a SD card you will see a second device appear in either MTP mode or File & folder (MSC) USB mode. You can use this second device in the same as your primary device. You can copy, delete, and synchronize files to it. In addition, if you insert a card with preloaded files, the files will be in the devices database (labeled as External storage) if the content is clear from any DRM restricitions."

That is all the .pdf file evens says about the card. I am going to purchase a SD card today and and trying to make sure I can transfer Overdrive videos or books to the card via the USB plug to the Pilot. I am understanding you to say it does work. Right?

Old 04-24-2008, 04:14 PM

Yes I am saying that. If you transfer the files to the card when it is in the Pilot, there should be zero difference from transferring them to the internal memory.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Yes I am saying that. If you transfer the files to the card when it is in the Pilot, there should be zero difference from transferring them to the internal memory.
I found out with Overdrive you can only transfer to the internal storage. But it does let allow me to cut and paste from internal into the external card at least. Thanks. Just time consuming because I have to change to "File to Folder" to cut & paste, and to transfer I have to change to "Automatic" because Overdrive will not work unless in Auto, and I can't cut & paste in Auto!