android
Old 03-19-2008, 03:49 PM

Default ZVP won't charge, won't stay connected to PC

I've had my ZenV Plus for a little over a year. Everything has worked fine up until now and I take very good care of it.

Battery went dead about a week ago so I plugged it into my PC and it wouldn't charge. It connected to my PC for a moment, then said "Low Battery" and shut down. Seconds later it would connect again, and again say "Low Battery" and shut down. This cycle doesn't ever stop and it never charges. I've tried resetting, rebooting and even removed the firmware in hopes to reload the newest update. But since it won't stay connected to my computer, I don't have enough time to install the new update before it shuts down and restarts again.

I borrowed a USB wall jack charger thing to try and get it charged up without using my PC but it still does the same thing. Turns on, low battery, shuts down, turns on, low battery, shuts down, etc., etc.

Any suggestions? I would have hoped this thing could last longer than one year...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-07-2008, 05:11 PM

Smile USB wall charger

Have you tried using a USB wall charger instead of your pc?

Old 04-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona2u4u View Post
Have you tried using a USB wall charger instead of your pc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyslider View Post
I borrowed a USB wall jack charger thing to try and get it charged up without using my PC but it still does the same thing. Turns on, low battery, shuts down, turns on, low battery, shuts down, etc., etc.
Plug it into the wall adapter and leave it plugged in for a couple of days to see if it begins charging. However, it sounds like your battery is pretty much dead. I would also look into getting a replacement battery, if you are aware of how to open it up and replace it or contact Creative for service. Good luck!

Zen FAQ