android
Old 03-20-2008, 08:35 PM

Default best buy extended service plan:

Hi all!

So, about a year and a half ago I bought a ZVM from Best Buy and the 2 year extended service plan thingy.

Now, my battery life is starting to diminish. It's down to about 3 hours of video and 7 hours of audio. And this is trying to be as power concious as possible (backlight on 10%, or on hold when listening to music). I used to get much more than that.

What would Best Buy actually do if I showed up saying I wanted them to make good on their service plan?

I'm hoping for at least store credit- that way I can use the $200 from the price of this ZVM to contribute towards an Archos 605 wifi 160 GB. Is this possible?

Or would they try to ship it off to Creative to get the battery fixed?

Also, would they make a stink about it having a battery life that's longer than this (do they check the battery life, make excuses like "it's to dusty inside" or sumthin stupid like that to prevent me from getting my money)?

thanks for any tips, I know, best buy is murderous to deal with- urgh!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-20-2008, 09:47 PM

it is worth a try, if they give you store credit then awesome, if they fix it more awesome

Old 03-23-2008, 08:21 PM

My experiences with BB in the past is that usually the counter rep will acknowledge that you have your BB Warranty paperwork and then tell you to pick something else off the shelf. My grandfather gets a new printer every 2 years this way.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:25 PM

Same experiences here. I dislike a lot of things about Best Buy, but they're very good at making sure that no matter what happens, you leave happy, and you leave with one of their products.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
Same experiences here. I dislike a lot of things about Best Buy, but they're very good at making sure that no matter what happens, you leave happy, and you leave with one of their products.
i know they have really harnessed the power of shiny gadgets,it is really hard to go there and not buy something

Old 04-01-2008, 08:22 PM

I have used my replacement extended warranty 2 times no problems but they also sell a service extended warranty ,it depends on which one you bought

Old 04-02-2008, 06:13 AM

if you knew how much money they made off selling those replacement plans/extended warranties to suckers, you would know why they don't put up a fight. Yes, I said suckers. The people who buy the extended warranty on every gadget they buy from BB are just that. Take that money and stick it in savings every time you buy a gadget. It will add up fast and when one of your gadgets actually breaks, you will have enough money in savings to buy two of them.