android
Old 08-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I would imagine some cards are more susceptible to this error then others for I have never used Eject before unplugging. I always just unplug. I make sure there is no activity from the card before, but I mainly just unplug.

If you are getting this error, try:

1. Reconnecting and doing a proper Eject and unplug again to see if this resolves the message.
2. If it doesn't help with removing the message, also try (after doing an Eject) doing a Safely Remove Hardware from the system tray and stopping the Creative Zen listed in the devices box (after selecting generic USB device). Once it says it has safely disconnected the Zen, then unplug.
3. If it still doesn't help, try doing an error-check on the card by right clicking on the drive in My Computer and selecting Properties from the prompt menu. Then select the Tools tab; then the Check Now button under Error-checking.
4. Try inserting another working SD card a couple of times in the Zen until the message stops displaying and then reinsert the first card and the message should no longer be there. (Suspected firmware issue).

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 08-13-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-14-2008, 11:01 AM

just a stupid question. can i use the zen as a sd card reader? or do i have to have a seperate cardreader to load my sd card?

Old 08-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, you can put the Zen into Removable Disk Mode which turns it into a card reader.

Memory Card -> Removable Disk (Then connect to computer). The SD Card should show as another drive (letter) under My Computer.

Zen FAQ

Old 08-14-2008, 11:14 AM

ok thx man

Old 08-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crills View Post
ok thx man
Yup, no problem.

Zen FAQ

Old 08-19-2008, 12:26 AM

Hello people!

Is it possible to transfer files from the SD card to the ZEN internal memory without a computer? Im very interested in transfering pictures from a SD card to the ZEN. If its possible, will it erase the contents of the card?

thankx

Old 08-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello coperta. Welcome. Yes, there is a feature that was designed for your specific issue. This feature allows you to import (transfer/move) the contents of the SD card to the Zen's internal storage.

From the Zen FAQ:

Quote:
How do you copy the contents of an SD Card used in the Zen to its internal storage?

First, you need to make sure you have at least firmware version 1.20.02 or later installed.

1. To transfer files, select Memory Card --> Import All.

2. To view transferred photos (.jpg), select Photos --> Imported Files --> [memory card name] --> [folder name].

To open or view other transferred files, use your computer:

1. Connect your player to your computer and click your player's icon in My Computer. Click Storage Media --> Imported Files --> [memory card name] --> [folder name]

Zen FAQ

Old 09-07-2008, 10:00 AM

Angry Time for a class action lawsuit?

I am almost ready to get an attorney for a lawsuit against Creative Labs. They claim SD memory card support "...convenient SD memory card slot for adding additional capacity...". That - as everybody here very likely noticed - the biggest BS that has been release in a while. None of the above "play" level functionality is available for any file on the SD card (not even MP3-tag display), the "copy functionality" top copy files from the SD card to the internal memory is the next biggest joke - you can only copy ALL files which makes it impossible to use this crappie functionality once you have used more space on the SD card than you have internal memory.
All features that are being advertised with the ZEN are NOT available on the "...additional capacity...".
Besides that - calling the internal "receiver" a FM radio is the next part where they make a ridiculous statement. I live in an area where we have a radio station pretty much every 2 kHz and this "receiver" picks up three of them - reading the Creative FAQ regarding this, they tell you to go to a higher floor or to have direct visability of the antenna. I do not know if the have a set of retards working on that FAQ or if they really think that with these helpful information anybody would accept the quality they deliver??

I am pissed and unless Creative will refund my money (retailer would not), I will follow the path with the class action lawsuit. Anybody else interested?

Tom

Old 09-09-2008, 06:58 PM

I wish I had read this before spending money on an 8Gig SD card (I have a 4Gig player). Yeah, it's not a lot of money, but I didn't realize until now that you couldn't copy individual files from the card to the player. I don't need to be able to play directly from the card, but I wanted to be able to swap in alternative sets of songs.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Sorry to here Foucault. Yeah, it would be nice to copy only selected files instead of an entire card dump.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-13-2008, 12:31 PM

Default Weird SD card behavior 32GB + 4GB Zen

Hi all

I've had a 32GB Zen for a while - V happy with it. It's full of tunes and I also have a 16GB SD card with a load of other music on. This has always worked fine in the 32GB Zen.

My wife has just purchased a 4GB Zen. It seems to all work fine, BUT when I try to use the SD card in it it keeps going back to the "Memory Card" screen when I am searching though Artists/Albums/songs.
EG: I am searching though the albums on the SD card and I press the middle button to bring up the songs on that album, but the player goes back to the "Memory card" screen and I have to start again. I doesn't happen every time, but it happens a lot. Really really annoying.

Strange that it works fine on the 32GB player but has problems on the 4GB player.
I have also tried a 8GB and 4GB SD card in the 4GB player and they work fine too!! It doesn't seem to be a problem with the card OR the player - just when the two are used together............

Has anyone else had this and did you fix it?

Hope this makes sense.
Dave

Last edited by davegorton99; 09-13-2008 at 12:52 PM.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Perhaps there is an issue with the card reader in the 4GB Zen or an issue with the SD card itself. I would try reformatting the SD card having the issue (using the Panasonic Formatter program; See Zen FAQ) and try it again.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-27-2008, 05:31 PM

Default SD Card Integration

Sorry if this has been discussed in detail before, there are way too many posts to sift through to find the answer I want. Just a quick question. Trying to decide whether to buy the Cowon D2 or the Creative Zen. Pretty much going to buy the D2 based on what has been reported about the poor integration of files from an SD card into Creative Zen's library.
Is this a problem that can (or has) been fixed by a firmware update? If so I may be swayed back to buying the Zen as it comes with a 32gb memory and is cheaper!
Thanks in advance.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I had the same questions, and on the same 2 players. The D2 does integrate, but the Zen comes in 32g and still does not. I went with the D2 personally.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thread merged with main SD card thread.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-04-2008, 10:22 AM

I hope I'm not adding to an already answered problem, but has Creative updated the firmware yet to the Zen incorporates the music on the SD card into the library, or is still separate?

Old 11-04-2008, 10:28 AM

No update so far.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:30 AM

Lame. Guess I'm buying a Fuze then. I've been faithful to Creative mp3 players for years, but this is just stupidity. A simple firmware update would fix this issue. Get with the program Creative.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

More of my thoughts on this if anyone is interested.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-04-2008, 11:25 AM

Yep, definately a strategic move.

Although I'm not sure if that was the right way to do in terms of economic thinking. In Germany, Creative had to cut down the price in order to compete with players with a fully functioning SD-Slot. The 16GB-Zen is available for 110€ ($140).