android
Old 12-22-2007, 01:15 AM

That depends on what you mean...
Do you want to make a file available to the Zen via the SD card or are you trying to copy a file out of the Zen's onboard memory to the SD card?

I suppose you could do without the card reader either way, it's just a matter of how many steps you want to take to get it done.
Personally, I'd spring for a reader just so I could write files to the SD card even when the Zen wasn't handy.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-22-2007, 02:59 AM

But Zen could still be more handy than camera

Old 01-11-2008, 09:50 PM

Default Can't access SD card thru Zen software.

I bought a 4gb SDHC, and my normal SD card reader won't recognize it.
I was hoping I could access the SDHC thru the Zen software ( Vista 64), but I don't see it.
Ideas.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:56 PM

U need to go to memory menu and choose removable disk then u connect the PC.....

Old 01-12-2008, 03:13 PM

Ah! Thanks!

Old 02-08-2008, 09:08 AM

Default getting stuff on SD card

can someone please explain to me how i put video on the SD card on my zen. When i hook it up i can't find any option other than putting stuff on the zen itself.....any help would be appreciated, i am going on a trip monday, and would really like to figure this out first.....thank you.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:19 AM

sorry guys, i just found the answer i was looking for over on the creative forums. So if anyone was having the same problems i was, this post helped instantly:

If you want to use the Zen as a SD/SDHC card reader, what you need to do is to navigate to 'Memory Card' on the player and select 'Removable Disk'. Once you do that, plug the Zen to your PC using the USB cable and you can copy what you want to and from the SD/SDHC card.

After you complete your task, you will need to use the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon on the System Tray to eject the Zen.

If you do not use the 'Removable Disk' option, you will only be able to copy to and from the player internal memory only

thanks anyway guys, love this board, it helped me make my choice on a player..

you may lock this thread if you want to.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

"If you do not use the 'Removable Disk' option, you will only be able to copy to and from the player internal memory only"

That sounds so annoying.

What is the power output of the Zen? How many mw per channel into 16 ohms? Anyone here use the Zen just a few hours a day? How long will a full charge last if the player is used 2 hours a day? Will the battery last at least a week? How quickly does the battery lose power from a full charge if it is not used? Does the player get a much shorter run time if an SD card is used? Does the card stick out at all from the player?

Old 02-09-2008, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodorflies View Post
After you complete your task, you will need to use the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon on the System Tray to eject the Zen.
Alternatively you can rightclick on drive's icon and choose eject.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:49 PM

Default SD Card problem Fixed?

I just got off the Phone with Creative Rep & they informed me that the SD card integration has been fixed! I just ordered a Zen 32GB and asked the rep if I would need to do a firmware update or anything. He said that the SD problem is Fixed and the units being shipped out now will have the SD card integration problem fixed with no need for Firmware updates.

So I am curious if any one here who recently purchased the Zen has had any problems with the SD card integration?

I know many on here have owned their zen for quite some time, but out of those who recently purchased one, please provide your Feedback on the SD card in the Zens that are shipping out in the past month or so!

I think the information would be good for those who are new to this forum and who are thinking about purchasing the Zen and are concerned with the sd problem.

The inegration of SD cards and expandability of the Creative Zen is the primary reason I have stayed loyal to Creative.
I use A Palm Treo and like the ability to swap SD cards back & forth between my phone & MPs player. So I am optimistic that the SD card problem has been addressed and according to Creative has been Fixed.

only a couple more days & I will have my Zen.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:12 PM

OMG AWESOME
hopefully itll be in a firmware update shortly

Old 02-11-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjjjay View Post
OMG AWESOME
hopefully itll be in a firmware update shortly
Keep In Mind I called two different Creative reps one product rep & 1 Tech support rep. They both informed that the Zen that are being shipped out should have the SD card integration fixed.

The tech support guy was more protective and said "however you still should keep checking for firmware updates, in the case that the SD card integration has not been fixed"

I also asked a few general questions about firmaware updates.

I asked if it was reccomended to install any new firmware updates, The tech rep said that he did NOT reccomend firmware updates Unless one is experiencing problesm that a firmware update adresses.

as far as the enhancement upgrades such as the newest one 1.20.2 he also satted that unless a problem is expereinced it is not necesary or reccomended, He alluded to the idea that new players are being shipped with all neccesary updates & fixes.

I hope this input helps.

The best feedback is user experience, so anyone who has recently purchased a ZEN we want to hear from you about the SD card inegration ect.. As soon as I get my ZEn I will provide deatiled feedback of my user expereince in realtion to all the bugs/ problems users on here have experinced in players purchased 3-6 month ago.

This is a great forum!

Old 02-12-2008, 12:04 AM

Curious to hear if this is true - might get me over the hump to buy a Zen. You might want to reference this post over on epizenter.net as well. A lot of Zen users over there. No one there has mentioned this, but I don't know what % use sd cards.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:19 AM

I got my 16gb a week ago but as yet I haven't tried any sd cards in it. Will have to do so and see what's what.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:30 AM

Have you specified to support rep what type of integration you've got on your mind? They might thought about SD support in general. I see no new firmware files so I doubt new players has anything newer.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdr View Post
Have you specified to support rep what type of integration you've got on your mind? They might thought about SD support in general. I see no new firmware files so I doubt new players has anything newer.
I not only specified what I wanted i also referenced the issue users of this forum experienced will lack of intergration with players library.

Thats why I am asking anyone who has RECENTLY purchased ZEn ( say last 30 days or so to give a run of the SD card and see if it integrates with the library or what they experience with the SD card, user feedback ...

As soon as I receive my player I will do a test of this.

With my old creative ( Muvo Sport C-100) I am able to swap SD cards from my Palm Treo and creative player with perfect integration the songs show up in th eplayer with all the other songs stored on the players Flash Mem.
So I know creative has the capability to fix the problem, just hoping they have.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:05 AM

More options for media files on SD would be enough integration for me. But if Creative is really going to integrate both memories into one library that should also do. I'm still surprised they announce integration for new players and do not put any new firmware on the website.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Thats why I am asking anyone who has RECENTLY purchased ZEn
Bought one last week: no integration whatsoever.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Bookmarks for files on the SD card, or perhaps even just resuming play from the position in the SD card file that it was at when turned off might be enough to get me to buy a Zen. Does the latest firmware solve the problem some claimed of significant battery drain while the player is off? If I use the player for 3 hours a day of music, will the battery last at least a week? How about two and a half hours a day or two hours a day?

PS. I just remembered that the Zen does not have dedicated volume control buttons, so even if they do resolve these issues I might not be so excited about the player. Perhaps Creative could come out with a version 2 of the Zen with dedicated volume controls and the other issues resolved?

Old 02-14-2008, 03:10 PM

There aren't any new firmware updates so far. So no bookmarks for SD files. Battery drain is probably caused by stand-by mode, the only way to totally shut the player down (without waiting ~2 hours) is to press reset button.