android
Old 10-02-2011, 04:37 PM

Default How do you get back to the now-playing screen?

If I go to, say the settings menu the music continues to play, but I haven't found any way to get back to the now-playing screen.

Also, is there any way to make the player re-shuffle the music list. I've got my Fuze on shuffle, but if I start playing from scratch I get the tracks in the same order as before.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicOnly View Post
If I go to, say the settings menu the music continues to play, but I haven't found any way to get back to the now-playing screen.

Also, is there any way to make the player re-shuffle the music list. I've got my Fuze on shuffle, but if I start playing from scratch I get the tracks in the same order as before.
Press the Home button (small button on right front). May have to press twice.

Re Shuffle....

I pressed Home, then Play All and song 240 started playing. I pressed Home and then Play All and song 427 started. Are they in a different order? I don't know how to tell.

Steve

Old 10-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I think the player picks a random number smaller than the number of songs, then plays the song that it has given that number. What that means is that several songs may play more than once before all the songs are played.

It would be nice to have a real shuffle feature, where all the songs must be played once before any song plays a second time.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
I think the player picks a random number smaller than the number of songs, then plays the song that it has given that number.
It is probably a pseudo-random number from 1 to n where n is the number of songs.
Quote:
What that means is that several songs may play more than once before all the songs are played.
This is probably due to a poorly-written pseudo-random-number-generating algorithm.
Quote:
It would be nice to have a real shuffle feature, where all the songs must be played once before any song plays a second time.
One must note the difference between random and shuffle. For those individuals who want shuffle implemented correctly, there is always http://www.rockbox.org/.