android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2008, 05:01 PM

Default Just picked up an 8GB Fuze

It's charging right now. I'll post some impressions once I've played around with it for a little while. There will also be some comparison pictures once I've gathered all the various MP3 players.

OK, so I've played with it a little bit and I've got a few impressions from it so far:
  • The build quality is very good. I haven't noticed any flexing or odd noises so far. The seam between the faceplate and the back appears a little shoddy, but like I said, it doesn't feel like it.
    The screen is very nice. It doesn't have the highest resolution, which makes the text appear slightly blocky (much like the e200 series), but it's bright and easy to read.
    The scroll wheel is excellent! It feels extremely smooth while scrolling through long lists of music. It has very subtle "bumps" whenever you move down the list, which is helpful. It is also made of the same rubber/silicone-type material as the back, which reduces finger slippage.
    Sound quality appears to be excellent, though I'm no audiophile. The included earphones are good quality.

More to come!

Edit: Here are some pictures comparing the Fuze, e260, Samsung T9, and iPod Video.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]