android
Old 03-31-2008, 10:48 AM

Default software problem

I bought my Zen v plus off ebay. It kept freezing so I downloaded new firmware and everything worked perfectly. When I downloaded software onto my computer it either had a virus or a corrupted music file from the music downloaded on the zen from the previous owners because it froze my computer and I had to put it in system recovery mode and lost everything I had on my computer. My question is can I download the software directly from Creative's website and should I delete the music currently on the zen? Also the 30 minutes I had to mess with it before it screwed my computer I couldn't get it to recognize limewire or share the itunes music folder. Is there some special way I need to do this? I clicked on the itunes folder and clicked share and it said 0 folders selected to share/ transfer. A few other minor problems is I have to hold the power button twice before it will power on. Is this a common problem or is it the fact my husband threw it across the room because it messed our computer up? I can't remember if it previously did that. Also my computer is still acting funky. It kicks you off the internet, shuts off for no reason, and exits you off limewire. Its not a constant problem, you can get on it and mess around for awhile, but it is still a pain. Has anyone else had this problem or is it because I bought a used zen V plus? Please help! Lots of issues!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-01-2008, 09:08 AM

Unhappy anyone?

Someone please reply, even if you can answer only one question. Maybe I should just forget the software and use wmp. Anyone know if I delete all the songs off the Zen is there anything that can still linger in it and crash my computer again?

Old 04-02-2008, 12:21 AM

Not having seen this problem before, this is at best a guess.

Don't just delete the music files. Format the player and cross your fingers.

I'm curious how much did you save by ordering off ebay?

Old 04-02-2008, 08:34 AM

Default How to format?

So how do you format it? I done some digging around yesterday and done a clean up which is suppose to clear any corrupted files/viruses. That seemed to fix the problem with having to hold the power button down twice. I paid $38.00 with shipping. The guy said it was in like new condition and it looks brand new. No scratches or any signs of wear. We rebooted the computer again and (knock on wood) it seems to be working just fine now.