android
Old 09-30-2006, 02:43 PM

Default Creative Zen V Plus Won't Connect Fix

Hopefull this will help if you are having trouble getting your computer to connect your Creative Zen V Plus. My laptop would connect the player but my PC was telling me "no device connected" every time I tried to load music to it with the Creative software or Media Player 10. I first tried contacting Creative who sent me a short list of things to try which didn't fix the issue. I next contacted Microsoft who gave me a long list of things to try which didn't fix the issue. I then reformatted and reinstalled XP and reloded everything which still didn't fix the problem. I finally found a reference on the Creative site that there had been dificulties with VIA USB drivers causing connectivity issues so I went and bought a Creative I/O 5 USB port PCI card for $19. I installed the card and started up and windows installed the drivers for it and now everything is working perfectly. The funny thing about this is that Windows installed the same drivers for the PCI card that I am using for my onboard USB ports. My onboard USB ports work perfectly with all my other USB devices, two cameras, scanner, mouse, PDA and printer but would not connect my Creative Zen V Plus. I would love for someone to explain this to me. Hopefully this will work for someone else with connection problems.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-13-2006, 12:13 PM

Well this sure was good news to me.
Just checked up everything and hoped i didnt have to reinstall xp.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:13 AM

there is a free way as well finding it now

Old 10-17-2006, 10:17 AM

number 14275
and web site
http://dmzweb3.europe.creative.com/S....creative.com/