android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Insignia > Insignia NS-DV

Old 06-02-2008, 06:12 PM

how do you get the firmware to work on vista? has anyone found out?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-04-2008, 09:09 PM

Default Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix23 View Post
can anyone confirm whether the 1.93 update gives usb functionality to macs? because 1.2 doesn't.
What is a Mac ? Seriously, don't you have some sort of emulator for PC that solve this and other compatibility issues? How else would you perform the update.

Though don't know if emulators and USB ports work on Mac. Guess I've got a jaded view since began computing on C64 then Amiga (your turn to say what?), and vowed when they died to never swim upstream again...

Old 06-04-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolest View Post
how do you get the firmware to work on vista? has anyone found out?
Yes it does - no problems whatsoever. Though did:
A> back up all my files
B> delete some mp3's so I had about 2 gigs (of 4 ) free before starting

Player loaded from update, then did a 2nd update for fonts (see earlier post)

Old 06-06-2008, 12:22 PM

Default won't update.

I have F/W 1.2 installed right now. i can verify this when I check the system settings in the player.

When I try to run the firmware update V1.930 and click the Firmware update button I get a message that says "Same or latest version already installed.

Sad panda.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronan_one View Post
I have F/W 1.2 installed right now. i can verify this when I check the system settings in the player.

When I try to run the firmware update V1.930 and click the Firmware update button I get a message that says "Same or latest version already installed.

Sad panda.
NEVER MIND!!!!

I put it on hold and tried it again. worked like a charm.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
Guess I've got a jaded view since began computing on C64 then Amiga (your turn to say what?), and vowed when they died to never swim upstream again...
Amiga's RULE!!!... Sorry, Tourette's flashback to Nov. 1985 when I bought my first A1000.

Back on subject, anyone else having problems with Audible Manager not wanting to copy files to device after upgrade?

Old 06-08-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevorlon View Post
Amiga's RULE!!!... Sorry, Tourette's flashback to Nov. 1985 when I bought my first A1000.

Back on subject, anyone else having problems with Audible Manager not wanting to copy files to device after upgrade?
Re Audible. I got the freebie from Best Buy and one other, but never used Audible's mgr to move to the player. Instead used a file manager to copy the .aa file "and" the AudibleActivation.sys file, which is in the same directory. Seemed to work.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:19 PM

That is how I have been doing it. Prior to the update, I had no problems with AudibleManager working with it.

Oh well...Off to Audible to inquire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
Re Audible. I got the freebie from Best Buy and one other, but never used Audible's mgr to move to the player. Instead used a file manager to copy the .aa file "and" the AudibleActivation.sys file, which is in the same directory. Seemed to work.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:48 AM

Default my player was getting dusty...:)

...when i decided to give it another shot. my click wheel was acting crazy but getting this new beta definitely helped. basically, i had some weirdness inside of vista with the software, but once i slipped the beta software into compatibility mode it worked ok.

then, i was having issues with the USB connection where i could only sync one song at a time when the OK TO DISCONNECT message would pop up with a whole sync list ready to go came up. that seems to have been solved with moving the USB cable to a back of the computer jack instead of the one in the front.

the GUI of the new firmware is great. matrix mode really helps if your wheel is flaky as mine is. my sirius has been getting a workout the past 6 months and i was thisclose to getting a 4-8GB flash zune for myself. i bought my wife one and she loves it and i have never had a bad experience with the syncing.

as i digress, i would change something on the beta though. to use a real world example (and this might apply on the whole GUI) is that when clicking in the browser and i use the down arrow it goes deeper into the top level topic/selection im landed on instead of the new top level topic underneath. requiring a button push to get inside of the topic and then clicking to make a selection would be extremely helpful.

(after i wrote all that), i love my player again and the improvements have kept me as a customer. i needed to use my/a player while howard stern is on vacation and looked here as kind of a lfeline to rescue my unit and that for the time being has arrived. thanks to all who are keeping this insignia product alive.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:16 AM

u think i should update??? i mean im still on 1.104.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts great5 View Post
u think i should update??? i mean im still on 1.104.
Yes.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:58 PM

wat ae the advantages of tis update over 1.104? i mean sdhc and faster boot are nice but wat r my chances of brick on windows xp sp2?

Old 07-10-2008, 12:46 AM

Default Yesssssssssssssssss!

IT'S GOT VUs!!!!!!!!!

My girlfriend now thinks I'm completely insane because I was so happy about the little flashing meters that I was dancing around the house singing "It's got VUs it has VUs" over and over again!

The two main reasons I picked up this player in the first place was because of the battery as well as it's ability to record from line-in...so I could dub off my record and tape collection.

Those little flashing VU lights will make for MUCH better recordings.

Thank you ,thank you, thank you so very much.

The odd thing is that I ordered a Pilot just a few hours ago just for that single feature alone...I should have read this first. Oh well. "Learn to read...read to learn."

Old 07-11-2008, 12:28 AM

Default I cant get the update to work....

I have the 1.20 on my ns-dv4g now and when i run the updater it tells me same or newer firmware already installed. any ideas?

Old 07-22-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellandry View Post
I have the 1.20 on my ns-dv4g now and when i run the updater it tells me same or newer firmware already installed. any ideas?
I was getting the same thing. The beta firmware doesn't have the same prompts so I forgot that I had to turn the hold button on before connecting it.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:16 PM

Have to say, I have been using this beta firmware for about 5 months now maybe more, and I have not had a single issue, Love it! Just wanted to say good work Insignia keep it up! Cant want for a new non-beta release!

Old 10-22-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassAMD View Post
Have to say, I have been using this beta firmware for about 5 months now maybe more, and I have not had a single issue, Love it! Just wanted to say good work Insignia keep it up! Cant want for a new non-beta release!
Yeah I've had mine updated for several months and I've been really happy. I have had it freeze about 3-4 times since I updated. It is somehow related to playing and pausing in pretty rapid succession. You'd think that wouldn't happen very often but when you have people say something to you, you pause it, you reply, and start it back up again only to be asked something else it can happen pretty easily.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:05 PM

Default Sport FW2.03 - ?work on NS-DV?

I just found a "Sport" FW update 2.03 on Insignia's site. Anyone try it? I have a DV and don't want to melt it...

?M

Old 12-22-2008, 07:17 PM

i tried to get the firmware and i get this every time!

Old 12-23-2008, 06:10 PM

Hmm, I opened a new thread and posted the address for 2.03
http://www.insignia-products.com/t-N...0Firmware.aspx

Just checked and it's there. Looks like you're trying to "run" 1.93?? Or trying to get 2.03? Or run 2.03??
M