android
Old 04-11-2008, 05:08 PM

Default Playing videos

I have been playing .wvm overdrive movies and it jumps to the next video before it finishes! I have .avi mixed in the videos.

What about only 2 hours on the battery? Anyone else have these things happen?

Last edited by leo3; 04-14-2008 at 11:00 PM. Reason: anyone?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-14-2008, 11:01 PM

Anyone else out there playing videos that are 1-2 hours long?

Old 04-14-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo3 View Post
Anyone else out there playing videos that are 1-2 hours long?
Yes, I have played feature length films on my Pilot and have not yet observed what you are seeing. Never say never, though.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
Yes, I have played feature length films on my Pilot and have not yet observed what you are seeing. Never say never, though.
Are they .wvm movies? Do you have different type of videos mixed in the video folder?

Old 04-16-2008, 10:40 AM

Default I've seen this problem too.

I've experienced this as well. I think all videos in the folder are typically wmv and also longer than 1 hr., i.e. movies. I also have problems fast-forwarding sometimes--the player will skip to the next video in the folder. Annoying.

I sold my DV4G to help finance my Pilot, and except for the SDHC capability, can't really justify the purchase. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but this firmware blows. I understand that there are production deadlines and all, but this release was definitely premature. There's a reason that everyone struggles to dial in that perfect combination to be the "ipod killer". It's just not that easy.

Don't get me wrong, though--the Pilot has huge potential, and I'm not suggesting that it's a useless brick. I just can't wait for a firmware update! Start with making it do what it's supposed to do, and then go from there. .........JCC

Old 04-16-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo3 View Post
Are they .wvm movies? Do you have different type of videos mixed in the video folder?
I've got a mixture of both DRM wmv (Amazon Unbox) and home brew xvid avi. I have experienced the "glitch bug" described by others that is cured by a quick rev or ff but no skipping to the next video in the folder before the present video is finished. I'm going to try to "stress" it by putting more videos on and a mixture of long and short duration videos, avi's, and wmv's.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:17 AM

I have seen this, but it was due to the transcoding of the the file if it was wvm or avi.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:18 PM

I transferred 10 Overdrive videos (wmv) and I am lucky to get through 1-2 hours without it skipping out of the movie and it goes to the next video in line to play! This has got to be a firmware problem that is in line for a fix?? It has happened to me more times than I care to say I have to get up and go hit the menu button and go back to the video option and start again.

I also have lips moving differently from the audio sometimes, and that doesn't happen when I play the same video on the PC. The Pilot really needs some work in this area.

Also, the battery dies in 2 hours or less. Is this normal too???

Old 04-24-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
I've got a mixture of both DRM wmv (Amazon Unbox) and home brew xvid avi. I have experienced the "glitch bug" described by others that is cured by a quick rev or ff but no skipping to the next video in the folder before the present video is finished. I'm going to try to "stress" it by putting more videos on and a mixture of long and short duration videos, avi's, and wmv's.
Have you tested it yet? All my problems have been using Overdrive movies .wmv. I don't have any others to test. I have ran short .avi videos no problem. I do not have any trouble playing the Overdrive movies on the PC, but after transferring to the Pilot it always skips to the next video after playing a while. Really irritating....

Old 05-01-2008, 12:19 AM

I can't believe there are no Pilot users that watch Overdrive videos out there. Is that true? I have not seen any complaints in the wish list either, but it was a very long list to really read....

I want to make sure the makers of the Pilot are aware of this glaring bug! It is unusable as it is. I have tried reformatting and reloading many times. It can't be Overdrive I don't believe, the video plays fine on the PC. But apparently during the transfer to the Pilot it just messes up big time!

Anyone out there with this problem? Is anyone from Best Buy Pilot design team listening anymore?

Thanks in advance.... Signed frustrated

Old 05-01-2008, 05:43 PM

btw - I have not seen the issue with my various video files (wmv, Amazon Unbox wmv with DRM, and xvids), but none are Overdrive.