android
Old 04-12-2008, 04:50 PM

Unhappy Bluetooth Address Error!

Hi there,

Im a newbie to this websie so plz forgive me. Im having this problem with my t10. Ever since I did the update that I was prompted to to by Samsung media studio, I've been getting this error message sayin "Bluetooth Address Error" when I try to access the bluetooth settings in the main menu. What can I do to fix this problem without opening the t10.I just want to get it back to normal like when I first got it. Can anyone plz help me! My t10 was bought on amazon.com and I live in NY. If there are any other specs u need plz tell me.

Last edited by Dash22; 04-12-2008 at 04:54 PM. Reason: forgot some info

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Samsung Moderator

Here is the only solution (but you loose your guarantee)

1. Disassemble the YP-P2 case and check the MAC Address sticker inside.
2. Enter the following MAC Address in a blank text file and save it with the name "BDADDR"
3. Establish the USB connection and copy and paste the file to the System Folder.
4. Disconnect the USB connection and Power On the YP-P2.
5. Go to “Menu” → “Bluetooth” → “Bluetooth Settings” → “My Device Info” and check the MAC Address.
6. If an error occurs, the address at which the error occurred will be saved to a text file named “ErrorMac.txt”.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:10 PM

dash22 i think its something to do with you firmware but i am not entirely sure. Do not listen to lebellium because his information is about the P2 not the t10. you may want to upgrade it again to the new firmware or try to configure it properly.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:48 AM
Samsung Moderator

the info is for P2 but should work for T10 too

And it is not a firmware issue, if you don't try what I said, you're obliged to send back your T10 for reparation

@dieingbreed: you don't know what you're speaking about...

Old 04-13-2008, 10:21 AM

lebbelium how the hell does opening your mp3 player help it its a software issue not the hardware theres a problems with the firmware. btw you dont seem to know what you talking about either.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Samsung Moderator

lol I never said it is an hardware issue
Every bluetooth chipset has its own mac address that it can lose sometimes with a firmware upgrading for instance. Then you have to set the mac address again which is written on the sticker inside.

Just for the information: The info I gave comes from the Samsung Internal report of the after-sales services.
I have much knowledges on samsung mp3-players. I have contact at Samsung and I'm Samsung Moderator.

So trust me, upgrading the firmware will change nothing
You can inform and help people if you want but don't desinform them

edit: If you don't want to open your player:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...80&postcount=9

Old 04-13-2008, 03:45 PM

Hey why cant I copy to the system file?....It says that the file type is not supported when I try to copy the MAC .txt file to the system folder when i try to fix the bluetooth problem. This also happens when I try to upgrade to other firmware. I cannot copy the .rsc and and .rom to the system folder either. What can I do to fix this?

Old 04-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

So correct me if I'm wrong: When doing the update, sometimes the MAC address is misinterpreted? If so, this is a serious oversight by Samsung that needs to be corrected.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:35 PM

I agree...

Old 04-13-2008, 06:07 PM

best thig to do would be to try and downgrade ur firmware to the one you had before if its possible.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Downgrading the firmware can be tried, but if a different MAC address is being referred to it will not take care of the problem.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:16 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash22 View Post
Hey why cant I copy to the system file?....It says that the file type is not supported when I try to copy the MAC .txt file to the system folder when i try to fix the bluetooth problem. This also happens when I try to upgrade to other firmware. I cannot copy the .rsc and and .rom to the system folder either. What can I do to fix this?

So what an I do in a situation like this? I cannot copy any of the relavant files to the system folder. I can only copy files to the data folder..Can I use that folder to copy the rsc. , .rom and .txt files to fix any problems? I am really frustrated as I have only had my t10 for 2 weeks. I havent even been able to use the bluetooth function as yet. This "bluetooth address error" really is frustrating. Someone plz help!!!! Is there anyway to jus like recover lost files?.....Like a kind of recovery system so that we can jus set back everything to how it was initially with all setings and files intact and everyting working. Like how most pc's have a recovery system to jus start over from scratch!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Samsung Moderator

You can too copy. Upgrade your version of Windows Media player to the latest version. When you try to copy the file, if it still tells you that it is not supported, you will now have the option to click "yes" to copy anyway. It will then copy the file regardless... Try that.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:25 AM

Default Where can I download old firmware?

I am also having same bluetooth problem ("Bluetooth Address Error") after firmware upgrading. I tried all the suggestions (except for dismantling the T10) in previous posts but failed.

Can anyone tell where can I download old firmware?

Regards,

Old 04-17-2008, 01:12 PM

Hey guys, I had the exact same problem as you did. "Bluetooth address error!" "Bluetooth address error!" "Bluetooth address error!" It almost made me want to return the T10! But, I found a solution that is almsot garunteed to fix your problem. The excelletn instructions are provided by the member "Surface".

For Bluetooth Address Eroor

1. Create a text file in notepad with a mac address, as suggested you can use 00166C170018

2. Save the filed as BDADDR

3. Go to control panel>folder options (you can find it in control panel when it is in classic view)

4. Go to the view tab and scroll down, make sure you toggle the "Show hidden files and folders icon"

5. uncheck "hide file extensions"

6. Go to the folder where you saved BDADDR. It will show up as BDADDR.txt now. Rename the file and removed the .txt. There will be a warning, just click yes.

7. BDADDR should now just be a blank icon, not associated with notepad anymore. Copy that over to the root directory, exactly where you put in firmware.

8. The issue will be resolved!

Enjoy your bluetooth!

Old 04-18-2008, 08:05 AM

Default It worked

Thanks a lot for the info. It really worked :-)

Old 04-18-2008, 02:52 PM

Default Don't mention it!

Glad it worked for you too! Pass it along so that "Bluetooth address error!" will become extinct!!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 05:50 PM

I just have to say thank you so much, I only recently purchased my T10 and as soon as I upgraded the firmware everything went wrong. I finally have it all working again thanks to you and this forum.