Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2008, 12:36 AM
Unhappy Recovery Mode / Firmware Issues

I scanned the forums first and nothing worked so sorry if this has been covered.

Let me give a bit of a background. I turned on my ZVM30 today and it booted directly to Recovery Mode. I rebooted first and it went back to recovery. I ran the clean up and it says scan disk and just sits there. I can still scroll while its doing this. Either way i let it go for prob 10-15min and still the same thing. I reset and tried the format. Did the same thing, except I can't scroll while its doing this. Gave it another 10-15 and reset. Then tried the firmware. Same thing. Also I don't get any kind of error messages on the ZVM itself on any of the recovery funtions

When I hooked it up to my computer that I use it on it wouldn't recognize. After scanning this and the creative forums I tried it on another computer and it would recognize. (It shows the volume as 50mb) Downloaded the new firmware (It has 1.40 something now and updating to 1.62.02) and ran it. It will load all of it till the last bar and then it gets held up and eventually fails. I tried the auto firmware update from creative with the same results except that one says update timed out and then fails. After the firmware fails the ZVM freezes and I have to reboot it.

I have a feeling that the hard drive crashed for unknown reasons....creative wants $25 to tell me this. I believe I still have till July till the warranty is up so I am willing try anything to fix it till then.

So question 1.Anyone have any ideas on this. I spent a good 4-5 hours reading and trying everything. Question 2. If the hard drive is dead anyone know what the cost is to have this replace.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]