android
Old 04-14-2008, 04:03 PM

Default NWZ-S618F JPG Thumbnail Problem

Hi people. new member here, just got myself a Sony NWZ-S618f in black, to replaced my aging Rio Carbon.
Which has sadly now gone to the big MP3 dump in the sky

So far very pleased with the Sony, but I transferred some photos scross and for some reason only about 1/4 of the pictures have a thunbnail in the search screen

Anybody got any ideas why

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-21-2008, 11:18 PM

A lot of Jpg files have embedded thumbnails. Maybe the player uses these as a display? Get xnview (free image viewer), open the image, an click 'save as'. In the options click "rebuild embedded thumbnail". Note that I havent tried this, so it might not work. I really don't know how the player gets the thumbnails

Old 04-24-2008, 04:27 AM

Originaly, there were few sample pictures. ALL of them contain EXIF. I transfered some pictures from my digital camera and it worked fine with thumbnail. However, once I deleted the exif info (I'm using a Nikon and the EXIF is really huge there] and transfered again.. No thumbnail anymore in the player. So it's not caused by the embedded thumbnail, but I believe by the EXIF

Old 04-28-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktalking View Post
Originaly, there were few sample pictures. ALL of them contain EXIF. I transfered some pictures from my digital camera and it worked fine with thumbnail. However, once I deleted the exif info (I'm using a Nikon and the EXIF is really huge there] and transfered again.. No thumbnail anymore in the player. So it's not caused by the embedded thumbnail, but I believe by the EXIF
The thumbnail is contained in the EXIF data