android
Old 04-14-2008, 08:47 PM

Default NWZ-A728 compared to the A828

Is the only difference lack of bluetooth? The A728 is currently on sale at Best Buy for $159 and I was tempted to pounce. Also Anybody have any experience with this model?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-15-2008, 12:02 AM

Wow that's a tempting price. Do you know when it expires?

Old 04-15-2008, 10:04 AM

Default Got it from BestBuy...($159)

Yes, the price is really appealling, and I just couldn't help and then got it from BestBuy yesterday. Being playing it around since yesterday afternoon, here are my thoughts:

1. Transfer music from both Windows Media Player and BestBuy Music Store (Rhapsody) are easy and fast.

2. It sounds way better than my: Philip GoGear 6GB > Creative Zen V-Plus 2GB > Insignia NV4G > Sandisk Sansa e280R. The ear bud headphone works perfectly!

3. Video looks great, smooth and vivid and actually still comfortable to watch them on the 2.4" screen for even couple of hours.

4. Video transfer can be a headache. Windows Media Player only transfers limited formats, yet it's pretty fast with my wmv format clips. However, I have a lot of recorded TV from Windows XP Media Center (in dvr-ms format), and it can't be transferred through Windows Media Player.

5. I installed the Media Manager for WALKMAN came in the package, and upgraded it online ($12.95) to Media Manager PRO, which then can transfer dvr-ms movies. The result is good, but still, it takes about one hour to convert and transfer a one-hour show. Kinda inefficient.

6. Hardware design is everything SONY, solid, beautiful and no cheapy feelings.

7. I got a screen protector and silicon case ($21.99), designed for SONY A820 series, and it fits well. There is even a WALKMAN logo on the back of the case.

Conclusion, $159 for an 8GB, high sound quality, big screen DMP. Great deal it is. And it's from SONY (Made in Malaysia).

Old 04-15-2008, 04:37 PM

shermanyu one more question, how loud does it go? I want it to be able to drive various headphones.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:03 PM

I don't have a quantitive measurement about the sound level; but when I use it with the FM transmitter in the car, it's definitely a lot louder, more clear and a better drive to my car stereo than my Insignia NV and Sandisk Sansa e280R. Hope it helps.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:56 PM

Thanks, that helps. The 280R is pretty loud I think (I have the 280) so if it's louder that's good.